SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:33 AM)
Thorton hasn't exactly been lights out lately either. Noone in our bullpen has been. Even if Thorton gets you out of the 8th unscathed you would probably have to bring in Jenks or Liney in the 9th and then what? You complain Ozzie didn't save Thorton?

You play to get through the 8th and score in the top of the 9th. Go back and look before the inning, I wanted Thornton in the game to start the 8th.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome...terrible hitting, terrible relieving, terrible managing. Got to split the next two, or the season could be in jeopardy. With our remaining schedule, 4 down is going to be hard to make up when they have Verlander and Jackson starting 40% of their games.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
I know we could be well out of this right b4 the trade deadline....

So let's just pray KW sell the farm for a sinking ship. In no way am I saying it's sinking, but danger zone could be upon us. BTW, Dan Hudson should be untouchable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
So let's just pray KW sell the farm for a sinking ship. In no way am I saying it's sinking, but danger zone could be upon us. BTW, Dan Hudson should be untouchable.

I don't know... if he could get Haren some how some way......

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
You play to get through the 8th and score in the top of the 9th. Go back and look before the inning, I wanted Thornton in the game to start the 8th.

And you were probably complaining when Ozzie left Colon in the 7th. Some times it works out sometimes it doesn't. What do you expect Ozzie to do? Never pitch Linebrink ever again in a close game? In case you didn't realize Thorton walked in a run with the bases loaded. In the one situation where he need to throw a strike he didn't do it. There's no guarantee he gets out of the 8th scoreless. You lost this game because you couldn't execute with runners in scoring position. Not because Ozzie put Linebrink in to start the 8th.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:39 PM)
well your going to hear the typical ozzie speech after the media criticizes him and he'll say i dont give a f*** and all that nonsense we have played horrible fell flat on our faces this double header and its not looking good

No you will get the, Bonine is a major league pitcher. His stuff was moving crazy. Tip your hat to a performance like that. Its hard to win when you face such a wonderful team. etc etc.

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
And you were probably complaining when Ozzie left Colon in the 7th. Some times it works out sometimes it doesn't. What do you expect Ozzie to do? Never pitch Linebrink ever again in a close game? In case you didn't realize Thorton walked in a run with the bases loaded. In the one situation where he need to throw a strike he didn't do it. There's no guarantee he gets out of the 8th scoreless. You lost this game because you couldn't execute with runners in scoring position. Not because Ozzie put Linebrink in to start the 8th.

I agree this sweep was on the offense, but Ozzie should give DJ or Pena a chance at the 2nd RHer out of the pen at this point, they really can't be anyworse

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)

3 losses for Linebrink vs the Tigers this year. Obviously, he's not a good match-up.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:39 AM)
I don't know... if he could get Haren some how some way......

I know he needed to be traded, but the Javy Vazquez trade hasn't worked out for the 2009 White Sox. KW better pray that Flowers pans out, or that is going to go down as a terrible trade. Javy could get the Braves a fortune if they traded him now.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:42 AM)
And I'm glad we didn't both substituting Getz for Quentin in the 9th.

No, we wouldn't want him to get on his feet.

Want to get pissed off? Quentin was healthy enough to play in a double header last week, but not healthy enough to play in a double header today. At least Wise got his ABs.