SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)
Seriously who the hell do you expect to pitch in that situation? Thorton hasn't been lights out lately and Dotel threw 2 innings earlier. I think you would have complained regardless of who Ozzie put in there.

Yep, I have been such a huge supporter of Linebrink this season. Thornton's been fine lately. If they can get a run off of him, I'll tip my cap.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
Our bullpen is absolutely garbage right now...and our clutch hitting, non-existent.

well i think having wise batt after the getz/beckham combo is crazy considering how often he gets out

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
How does this make them heartless?

Completely mailed in the first game and pissed down their leg in every big moment tonight. Heartless isn't a great word but this is an embarassment in two huge games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
That's the coaching staff. What pisses me off more is it was an inside fastball to Ordonez, which should easily cause Beckham to guard the line.

Do you really think that our players position themselves. He is a rookie playing a position he has played for a month. If he is creeping off the line, its up to the coaching staff to get him moved over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Yep, I have been such a huge supporter of Linebrink this season. Thornton's been fine lately. If they can get a run off of him, I'll tip my cap.

Thorton hasn't exactly been lights out lately either. Noone in our bullpen has been. Even if Thorton gets you out of the 8th unscathed you would probably have to bring in Jenks or Liney in the 9th and then what? You complain Ozzie didn't save Thorton?

QUOTE (JohnStamos @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
Thorton hasn't exactly been lights out lately either. Noone in our bullpen has been. Even if Thorton gets you out of the 8th unscathed you would probably have to bring in Jenks or Liney in the 9th and then what? You complain Ozzie didn't save Thorton?

Our bullpen is the most overrated "on paper" group in the league. Just abysmal.