SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:25 AM)
Unreal. What a choke job by the entire f***ing team.

Tigers are playing this like it's an important game. We're playing like it's an April game. If Quentin doesn't bat in the 9th, I'm going to be livid.

Sorry...but I still can't get over how far off the line Beckham was. Runner on 1st in a tie game with one out. Geez-us...that's 101 right there. Somebody F'd up if they told him to play there...or he's not smart enough to know that (and the excuse of he's only been there a few months doesn't fly with me there)...you still know that IMO.

Man, WTF is Ozzie doing in his use of Linebrink. Last weak Adam Jones homers off him, so the next day, in a big spot, he brings in Linebrink to face him again (and it turns out bad, shocking), Thonrton has to save his ass against TB when Linebrink starts the inning by putting runners on and now again.

And now the R/R crap, wasting through relievers like it's nobody's business after a D/H in a close game...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:27 AM)
Who would you rather use?

Dotel...Linebrink should be pitching in games that we're losing. He's just terrible now, and is pitching like someone who has no confidence his arm's going to hold up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
Who would you rather use?

Thornton should of started the inning with a lefty up, even if Scott got him out.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:25 PM)
f***ing pathetic...just a disaster of a day so far. I hate Linebrink so much, put his ass on the DL please!

Seriously who the hell do you expect to pitch in that situation? Thorton hasn't been lights out lately and Dotel threw 2 innings earlier. I think you would have complained regardless of who Ozzie put in there.

The book on Thornton is the same as Cotts. Get him to 3 balls. Foul off a strike if need be. Then the next pitch will be a ball. Almost guaranteed he cannot throw 2 strikes in a row. Almost guaranteed.

On another note, what a wonderful decision by Ozzie bringing in Liney. Could you possibly pick a WORSE pitcher than him at this stage? What a joke watching this BS is. Really.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:27 AM)
Sorry...but I still can't get over how far off the line Beckham was. Runner on 1st in a tie game with one out. Geez-us...that's 101 right there. Somebody F'd up if they told him to play there...or he's not smart enough to know that (and the excuse of he's only been there a few months doesn't fly with me there)...you still know that IMO.

That's the coaching staff. What pisses me off more is it was an inside fastball to Ordonez, which should easily cause Beckham to guard the line.