White Sox @ Twins, 7:10

witesoxfan

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
If we had a good double play combo, we'd probably have 5-6 more wins this year. It's amazing how the most routine double plays aren't turned by the Sox.

Nix is generally awesome, but Alexei is a bum. Makes all the amazing plays, but not the routine. Getz just sucks there. PAULIE!!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
It seems like we just get absolutely demoralized and quit the second something happens. Play the game without your heads in your ass and your tail between your legs and maybe we can win a few.

A lot of people here do seem to forget that a game is 9 innings and not 1 or 2.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 12:56 AM)
It's just what you have to come expect from White Sox baseball when they get to the Dome. Sorry, but it's a state of mind, not the team. That doesn't make it any better, but it might be the most frustrating thing about this entire organization. For paid professionals, along with a coaching staff and front office to treat the Metrodome as such a place of horror is embarrassing.

But when it's Nix making the error, it's just bad luck. Maybe the Twins just hustle so much and hit the ball on the ground so often, and we're not used to the speed?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 12:56 AM)
Nix is generally awesome, but Alexei is a bum. Makes all the amazing plays, but not the routine. Getz just sucks there. PAULIE!!

Alexei is awful on basically anything relating to turning a double play though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
I love your enthusiasm in these games.

There is no greater disdain for me in all of sports than the Minnesota Twins. There are things I can't say on this board that go through my head regarding that team and their "stadium." Horrible, unspeakable things.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 12:57 AM)
Yawn@Konerko's HR. We've still got 7 innings to go. Plenty of time for us to f*** it up. 8 years of pitiful baseball in this park is enough for me. Go ahead and ban me.

Just remember this: we have Linebrink and Jenks to pitch against Morneau, Mauer, Kubel, etc. late in this game.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 12:59 AM)
There is no greater disdain for me in all of sports than the Minnesota Twins. There are things I can't say on this board that go through my head regarding that team and their "stadium." Horrible, unspeakable things.

Haha, just like with me and the Cubs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
Yawn@Konerko's HR. We've still got 7 innings to go. Plenty of time for us to f*** it up. 8 years of pitiful baseball in this park is enough for me. Go ahead and ban me.

That's horrible. Why even watch? Why even give a s***? We take the lead in a pretty pivotal division game against a rival and it's something you yawn at? What's the point?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
Just remember this: we have Linebrink and Jenks to pitch against Morneau, Mauer, Kubel, etc. late in this game.

You owe me 10 bucks for wasting my dinner. I just threw up in my mouth.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
If we had a good double play combo, we'd probably have 5-6 more wins this year. It's amazing how the most routine double plays aren't turned by the Sox.

Honestly one of your worst posts ever. Don't let the game get to you.

1. Rookie dp combo

2. Your "stats" are from nowhere

3. Although they've messed up some routine plays, they've saved us with some spectacular ones.