Josh Fields wants a trade

southsider2k5

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
I'm reading on another forum that a Fields for Pie trade is almost done. Not sure how true that is though.

Do they have a link?

That trade would actually make a lot of sense. Two over-rated prospects going to teams with a need for their position (Os need a young third baseman, and the sox need a young CF).

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
They said its being talked about on am 1000. Pie would at least be an upgrade over dewayne piece of s*** wise.

not much at all offensively ugh what used to be the cubs' headache is guna become ours. well,it is better than wise

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
They said its being talked about on am 1000. Pie would at least be an upgrade over dewayne piece of s*** wise.

OK. Like I said, it does make sense...change of scenary for two player still with some potential.

And absolutely Pie would be an upgrade over Wise...If the Sox landed Pie, it would possibly mean Wise would be released. Pie is still quite young, but has been no better in baltimore since leaving the Flubs. Cub hype may have ruined him.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
OK. Like I said, it does make sense...change of scenary for two player still with some potential.

And absolutely Pie would be an upgrade over Wise...If the Sox landed Pie, it would possibly mean Wise would be released. Pie is still quite young, but has been no better in baltimore since leaving the Flubs. Cub hype may have ruined him.

I seem to remember hearing about a Fields for Pie swap right after Beckham took over, sound familiar to anyone else?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)

HAHAHA, right

A part of me is disgusted by what Fields has shown from 2008-present. At the same time you don't trip and fall on the power he displayed in 2007. If his value is *that* low then I see no harm in retaining him in the minors until/if Konerko is gone. If the organization wants to stick with Paulie long term at first, then I guess this would be the right thing to do.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
Fields, Wise and Anderson for Kotsay, and Pie.......don't seem like good basball moves to me.

LOL..Wise is nothing. You could just say Fields and Anderson for Pie and Kotsay...that said, I'd still agree with you

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:02 AM)
I'll tell you one person that should hope Anderson and Fields fail, and that's Walker. I just don't believe the idea that if a player possesses a certain amount of potential, yet has been mediocre for a majority of their big league career (as Fields/Anderson have been), they'll just miraculously begin producing on another team. If this were to somehow occur, the issue will then be they've always had the talent, yet our coaching staff couldn't get it out of either. To me, that's a huge indictment on Walker and whoever else is responsible for talking to these players. If they're succeeding outside of the White Sox, then we should look at ourselves and figure out why.

Agreed. If that happened, we would be as bad as **shudder** the Phillies, who couldn't get anything out of Gavin Floyd and won the World Series last year. Or Seattle with Thornton. Or the Angels with Jenks. Or Arizona with Quentin. Or every other team in baseball.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
Agreed. If that happened, we would be as bad as **shudder** the Phillies, who couldn't get anything out of Gavin Floyd and won the World Series last year. Or Seattle with Thornton. Or the Angels with Jenks. Or Arizona with Quentin. Or every other team in baseball.

All those guys except Quentin are pitchers (Cooper the magician)...and while having a great 3/4 year last year and loaded with potential, Quentin has serious durability concerns. He didn't stay healthy in Arizona and has not stayed healthy here.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
A part of me is disgusted by what Fields has shown from 2008-present. At the same time you don't trip and fall on the power he displayed in 2007. If his value is *that* low then I see no harm in retaining him in the minors until/if Konerko is gone. If the organization wants to stick with Paulie long term at first, then I guess this would be the right thing to do.

If we're talking 2008-present, we must remember that he was on bad knees for at least 1/2 of that time. All of last year his knees were hurting him.

Pie would at least be an upgrade over dewayne piece of s*** wise.

How do you know?

The hatred toward Wise never ceases to amaze me. Somebody pointed out a few days ago he's the worst player on our roster. Every team's last player or two suck.

So why the venom?

I wish people would just bag on Oz and KW every day instead of Wise. Guy makes maybe the greatest catch in Sox history and you call him a piece of s***.

Makes no sense to me.

Just the fact he made that catch means he is NOT a piece of s***. He's not good but he's not a piece of s***.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:03 PM)
All those guys except Quentin are pitchers (Cooper the magician)...and while having a great 3/4 year last year and loaded with potential, Quentin has serious durability concerns. He didn't stay healthy in Arizona and has not stayed healthy here.

David Aardsma has done better after leaving the White Sox. So has Masset. But what's funny is the hypothetical, if BA and Fields do well elsewhere its all on Walker, however, Quentin playing like an MVP has very little to do with Walker. Its BS. The fire Walker train has run its course and has derailed. Give it a rest.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 01:02 AM)
How do you know?

The hatred toward Wise never ceases to amaze me. Somebody pointed out a few days ago he's the worst player on our roster. Every team's last player or two suck.

So why the venom?

I wish people would just bag on Oz and KW every day instead of Wise. Guy makes maybe the greatest catch in Sox history and you call him a piece of s***.

Makes no sense to me.

Just the fact he made that catch means he is NOT a piece of s***. He's not good but he's not a piece of s***.

Juan Uribe's catch going into the stands in Game 4 of the World Series is the greatest catch in Sox history, and it really shouldn't even be a question.

ChiSox interested in Orioles' Sherrill — 7:38 p.m.

George Sherrill: '09 stats

George Sherrill

Baltimore Orioles

Relief pitcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G W-L S ERA K BB

42 0-1 20 2.40 39 13

The White Sox have some degree of interest in Orioles lefty George Sherrill, major league sources indicated Wednesday, but it's unclear if the sides have had any serious talks.

Baltimore prefers to get a third baseman in return for Sherrill, and Chicago may have enough infield depth that general manager Kenny Williams could include Josh Fields in the deal. Fields, once a highly-regarded prospect, came up through the minors as a third baseman but was replaced there by Gordon Beckham last month. Fields, batting .220, has since become a part-time player.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866498...day%27s-edition

How do you know?

So why the venom?

Makes no sense to me.

I know because I took 10 seconds out of my life to look at their stats.

Pie is batting .233 with a .299 OBP and a .353 SLG.

Wise is batting .185 with a .228 OBP and a .306 SLG.

I stand by what i said. DeWayne wise is garbage and should not be on ANY major league roster. Oh man, he made a great catch. That doesn't change the fact that he is probably the worst player on any major league roster.

If you can get Sherrill for Fields and maybe someone else, then you do it. Depends on the other player. You wouldn't have a difficult roster decision to make, just send Randy Williams down. If that falls through, you can always look west to Oakland. Even though they acquired Brett Wallace, I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking up another possible long term third base option if Wallace had to be moved to first base or DH. That's definitely Oakland's biggest position question mark, even with Brett Wallace. Maybe re-acquire Aaron Cunningham since they don't seem to be giving him a fighting chance to earn a full time gig. He's only 23 and he definitely hits at the AAA level. Just an idea.