And that's a White Sox season.

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
WHAT?!

If anything, they need to add pieces. This team is woeful without additions. I'm not for adding any pieces because I don't believe we could add enough to make us serious contenders, but to think we can compete with what we already have is absurd.

What is he going to realistically replace? Pods (we've been trying to get a stud CF for awhile). Getz (Not a lot of really big 2nd base upgrades out there). I'm just not sure who else you can replace on offense at this point.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
Yah, I guess thats true, but I don't think we should do it at this point only 3 games out. Just try to build it in the offseason.

We are constantly outbid in the offseason for the difference-making players. There's really no point in trying to add on talent at that point, as it won't happen. We should trade our pieces with value to prepare for more trades in the offseason.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
What is he going to realistically replace? Pods (we've been trying to get a stud CF for awhile). Getz (Not a lot of really big 2nd base upgrades out there). I'm just not sure who else you can replace on offense at this point.

I say we trade for Cody Ross and a young, project pitcher. A Coop Can Fix 'Em type guy.

we are just three games back and this division is garbage.

But our starting SS just went down with something wrong to his ankle and our starting LF still isn't 100%.

this season is so frustrating. the oakland home stretch and now this road stretch. ughh

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
I know we have some brutal stretches coming up in the schedule. How do the Twins and Tigers schedules from here on out compare?

Sox and Tigers have a lot of AL East left and Twins have none, but, before this series Oakland, who is a bad offensive team, smacked around the Twins pitching and it's basically the same team who struggled against bad teams last year near the end, so nobody is running away with this division

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:59 AM)
we are just three games back and this division is garbage.

But our starting SS just went down with something wrong to his ankle and our starting LF still isn't 100%.

this season is so frustrating. the oakland home stretch and now this road stretch. ughh

And our DH has a bad back

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)

There really isn't much, and that's why I think we should trade off the valuable pieces we have. That's my top goal, and adding great pieces would be second (and that's not possible). Standing pat and going for it sounds like the worst idea to me.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Sox and Tigers have a lot of AL East left and Twins have none, but, before this series Oakland, who is a bad offensive team, smacked around the Twins pitching and it's basically the same team who struggled against bad teams last year near the end, so nobody is running away with this division

In that case I'd rather KW not trade away young talent to end up the tallest midget this year.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
We are constantly outbid in the offseason for the difference-making players. There's really no point in trying to add on talent at that point, as it won't happen. We should trade our pieces with value to prepare for more trades in the offseason.

who have they been outbid on that was a great move? The Fukudome contract (actually Sox and I believe one other team did outbid the Cubs) and Tori Hunter are bloated.

classic overreaction.

it's just baseball. sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not. that series was not fun outside of buehrle breaking a record.

series like that happen in baseball. it's just how it is.

let's just hope they can turn it around soon. if not, at least we can enjoy beckham tearing it up.

serenity now. :lolhitting

The White Sox offensive rankings in the ML are:

29th in Doubles

26th in Triples

5th in HR, yet

14th in Runs

20th in BB

13th in SB

15th in BAVG

The White Sox defensive rankings in the ML are:

27th in Fielding Percentage

25th in SB against

26th in Total Errors

This team is not good enough to win the division, even a division as bad as the AL Central. They CANNOT play fundamental baseball to save their lives. This is basically the status quo since 2005. I'm about done watching them. They're just not a fun team to watch anymore.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
There really isn't much, and that's why I think we should trade off the valuable pieces we have. That's my top goal, and adding great pieces would be second (and that's not possible). Standing pat and going for it sounds like the worst idea to me.

I suppose if you could get something big for PK, JT, or JD, but I'm not so sure you could at this point. Not really anybody else we can trade I dont think.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
When have we landed a big free agent? That's what I mean.

It's not really KW's MO, and with most of the contracts that have been passed out I can't blame them. The NYY are in a different league than anyone else and they can afford the mega contracts, but KW has done a great job of adding talent through trade and I think that's where he'll make his big splash in the offseason.

Again, they've targeted FAs, but once the bidding gets crazy they pull back, which I agree with.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
There is very little we could do at the trade deadline that will help us win next year. That is all in the offseason.

Players are available now, like Haren, that may not be available at the end of season. Get them now, let the team and players roles gel. If it pays off this year, great-if not, next year has begun

Yes, I know. "We're still in it." "The season is far from over." "Until the math says we're done anything can happen." Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't have to wait until we're mathematically eliminated to know this is a below average team in a lousy division. 4 months is more than enough of a sample size to know what kinda team we have. We're not getting Halladay. We're not getting Peavy. We're not getting Haren. We're not getting anybody that you can legitimately says makes this team better. And I for one would be disgusted if Kenny went out there and gave up valuable trade pieces to try and salvage this sinking ship because from a technical standpoint we're still "in it."

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
Players are available now, like Haren, that may not be available at the end of season. Get them now, let the team and players roles gel. If it pays off this year, great-if not, next year has begun

I'm not so sure we're willing to pay what it would take to get Haren, but I'd be down if it was a possibility. I guess my point is there just isnt enough out there right now that would either significantly help our team or help in the future, unless sombody took JT, JD or PK off of our hands.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
Yes, I know. "We're still in it." "The season is far from over." "Until the math says we're done anything can happen." Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't have to wait until we're mathematically eliminated to know this is a below average team in a lousy division. 4 months is more than enough of a sample size to know what kinda team we have. We're not getting Halladay. We're not getting Peavy. We're not getting Haren. We're not getting anybody that you can legitimately says makes this team better. And I for one would be disgusted if Kenny went out there and gave up valuable trade pieces to try and salvage this sinking ship because from a technical standpoint we're still "in it."

I think many people agree with you, but I also think that the Tigers and Twins are bad and probably not going to get a ton for any of the vets on the team at this point.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)

29th in Doubles

26th in Triples

5th in HR, yet

14th in Runs

20th in BB

13th in SB

15th in BAVG

25th in SB against

26th in Total Errors

This team is not good enough to win the division, even a division as bad as the AL Central. They CANNOT play fundamental baseball to save their lives. This is basically the status quo since 2005. I'm about done watching them. They're just not a fun team to watch anymore.

But, but, we're still "in it". Like the little black kid from Angels in the outfield said...."It could happen!"

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
It's not really KW's MO, and with most of the contracts that have been passed out I can't blame them. The NYY are in a different league than anyone else and they can afford the mega contracts, but KW has done a great job of adding talent through trade and I think that's where he'll make his big splash in the offseason.

Again, they've targeted FAs, but once the bidding gets crazy they pull back, which I agree with.

And he can help his case by trading some of the higher-paid guys for some prospects and to free up more money.

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
classic overreaction.

it's just baseball. sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not. that series was not fun outside of buehrle breaking a record.

let's just hope they can turn it around soon. if not, at least we can enjoy beckham tearing it up.

You.. you .. you...STOP MAKING SENSE !!

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:03 PM)

29th in Doubles

26th in Triples

5th in HR, yet

14th in Runs

20th in BB

13th in SB

15th in BAVG

25th in SB against

26th in Total Errors

Ozzie must be a genius !!

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
classic overreaction.

No, that's where you're wrong. A classic overreaction is me creating this thread in April, May or even June. We are four months into the season now. What more do we need to find out about this team? Why do we have to wait until two minutes before we're officially eliminated to call a spade a spade? Defense alone is probably going to be enough to keep this team from winning the division. I'm not even going to get into the other deficiencies.