Will the Sox make a move?

soxfan3530

White Sox Trade Deadline  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will KW make another deadline move?

• Yes, for a big impact player
    • Yes, but only for a small piece
    • Yes, but acquire prospects (seller mode)
    • Nope, the Sox are standing pat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As each minute slips by, I am more sure that the Sox will not make any moves. Which is troublesome considering the Twins and Tigers have both made moves that will help them. Making no moves is worse than selling, in my opinion. Maybe no one is interested in what KW might be willing to sell.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't care where, who or how, but I want a centerfielder. I don't know of one that is available, so we'll probably just make a small whatever move. Id be shocked if we did nothing. When is the last time KW did nothing?

Technically we have made several moves with BA to Boston for Kotsay, and acquiring Pena from the Dbacks. But nothing really of substance.

I wish KW would get crazy and find a decent package of prospects for PK.

Let Fields play first and see if he can figure it out, and then bring back Thome and Dye for next year. If Fields doesn't show improvement offensively, try and bring in an Adam Dunn or someone else to play first.

I know it won't be popular, but Paulie is having a solid year and you may be able to actually get a few solid prospects for him.

I have a feeling if we were to win this division it wouldn't be because of the difference between Konerko's production and Fields.

But, I know it won't happen.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
Technically we have made several moves with BA to Boston for Kotsay, and acquiring Pena from the Dbacks. But nothing really of substance.

Yea, but bringing in a washed up Kotsay and dealing off a powerhitting prospect for an average middle reliever isn't the legacy I think Kenny wants to leave on this year.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
I believe it was ss2k5 who said it, but: Kenny made his deal. He acquired Peavy. Peavy Jayson Nix'd it. Unless they deal Fields, I believe the Sox are done.

Well thank you KW for wasting your time. Everyone and their mother knows he is scared enough about the AL, and that there was no way he was coming to our park. There are theories out there that KW did this just to get this very reaction from fans and/or had some sort of agreement to jumpstart interest in Peavy. As time goes by, I keep thinking those theories aren't that far fetched (especially after the comments about being hurt by attendance)

Jon Heyman twitter: #twins deal for orlando cabrera helps them. but #tigers trade was even better. chisox, your move.

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

Williams is going to be raped in the media if he doesn't do anything. I'm not saying they'll be right, but considering Detroit and Minnesota made roster additions and we sat twiddling our thumbs, we'll all have to endure a few days of White Sox bashing by the locals.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
Williams is going to be raped in the media if he doesn't do anything. I'm not saying they'll be right, but considering Detroit and Minnesota made roster additions and we sat twiddling our thumbs, we'll all have to endure a few days of White Sox bashing by the locals.

I disagree. The Chicago media is too stupid to even know who to claim we should have acquired.

QUOTE (3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Not sure if they're kidding, but MLB Network is talking about texting with KW during the break (that he asked for ideas, Harold Reynold just gave a sleeper list and they said 'Here you go Kenny, this is your text back!')

Hah, that's great stuff. I don't blame Kenny...I don't really know what the move is here either...