I don't remember this board being in this good of a mood...

bmags

since like, post 2005 euphoria pre vazquez trade. Beckham is like the positive pink-goo from ghostbusters two. Clearly there was a river of negative slime beneath us. But anyways, I'm not getting any work done as I just keep hitting refresh waiting for the next beckham joke. If this is any indication, we are either setting ourselves up for heartbreak, or this positive thinking will translate into some niceness. (Clearly perfect game + ffffffin peavy helped as well).

it took me awhile to like this team but i'm there now.

there are still flaws here, but you wonder what kind of bounce you get out of peavy's return (provided he makes it back healthy) and combine that with the potential of tcq hitting his stride.

it's still way early to predict anything but i like how things are shaping up for this team. this includes a positive postseason outlook to me.

add in the young talent on the way and you can just call me giddy. weird feeling for a sox fan.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
Peavy, Beckham and beating the two hottest teams in baseball will do the trick along with Detroit losing to Cleveland and Baltimore.

Yeah, but even during that 1-6 stretch, the board was still high on perf game and becksie's quest for .900

Things are looking mighty bright, which gives us reasons for hope. However, i truly believe KW is building toward 2010. Anything positive that happens in 2009 is gravy. I've never had this much excitement for the Sox since 2005. Even last year when we won the blackout game- i was excited but i knew that was probably as far as we would go. Now that we have CQ back, Pods rejuivinated career, Beckham's studlyness and Jake Freakin Peavy to go along with 'Mr. Perfect', Danksy and Floyd- this team's ceiling is super high!

Honestly if we get a healthy effective Peavy back and make the playoffs- our team would be scary.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
I wasn't on this board for the Vazquez trade, what was the reaction like?

wasn't bad there was just a lot of questioning about getting rid of young and jizzcan.

I mean even right now the posts questioning success are kind of half-assed and just put there because we are worried there are none.

White Sox, 26th in MLB Fielding Percentage at .980.

3rd in total errors committed (leading the entire American League), with 82, trailing only:

1. Washington Nationals, 98

2. Arizona Diamondbacks, 88

Besides moving Dye to DH, where can we get improvement in this area? Signing a leadoff hitter who can play CF at a high level?

Keeping Beckham at 3B, Ramirez at SS and Nix/Getz at 2B?

Or moving Beckham to 2B, leaving Ramirez at SS with Nix and/or Getz traded and a veteran 3B brought in (along the lines of Herbert Perry in 2000)?

Are we sure we wouldn't be better off with Nix playing more against RHP than he has been, because of the clear advantage he provides defensively over Getz? How much can Getz improve defensively?

Finally, with Fields and Viciedo defensively-challenged, dare we come into the season with either one of those players pencilled in as the starter in 2010, if they did make the internal decision to move Gordon over to second?

The White Sox have shown that they'll sacrifice defense to make their best attempt at winning with a sub-contention level team

I hope next year they get the CF (possibly pushing Pods to a corner spot)

And I think they'll stay with Beckham and AR where they are unless it becomes completely obvious they cant do it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
White Sox, 26th in MLB Fielding Percentage at .980.

3rd in total errors committed (leading the entire American League), with 82, trailing only:

1. Washington Nationals, 98

2. Arizona Diamondbacks, 88

Besides moving Dye to DH, where can we get improvement in this area? Signing a leadoff hitter who can play CF at a high level?

Keeping Beckham at 3B, Ramirez at SS and Nix/Getz at 2B?

Or moving Beckham to 2B, leaving Ramirez at SS with Nix and/or Getz traded and a veteran 3B brought in (along the lines of Herbert Perry in 2000)?

Are we sure we wouldn't be better off with Nix playing more against RHP than he has been, because of the clear advantage he provides defensively over Getz? How much can Getz improve defensively?

Finally, with Fields and Viciedo defensively-challenged, dare we come into the season with either one of those players pencilled in as the starter in 2010, if they did make the internal decision to move Gordon over to second?

lol, dude you're funny... totally out of the blue, again.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
Does that mean we can put him in a toaster and he can make it dance?

he wasn't allowed to go up the statue in new york for fear it would come alive and start smashing vehicles and museum glass ceilings.