Peavy's return timetable

bighurt4life

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4381077

It is possible that he could pitch his first game for us in the Sept 3rd makeup game against the Cubs. Wouldn't that be a wonderful slap in the face to all those north-siders?

It would, but I wouldn't want him having the bat and run on his first start back from an injury caused by running the bases.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 01:47 AM)
It would, but I wouldn't want him having the bat and run on his first start back from an injury caused by running the bases.

Me either, but I wonder how his ankle would respond to covering 1st base in rundowns in normal AL games. Contreras tore his achilles doing that.

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
Article on the official website says if everything goes right, he would pitch the opener of the Yankees series @ NY, August 28.

8 starts, if needed.

8-28 at NY

9-2 at Min

9-7 vs Bos

9-13 at LAA

9-18 vs KC

9-23 vs Min

9-28 at Cle

10-4 at Det

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
Stone said yesterday that he was supposed to throw again today. Looking forward to hearing how that goes. I wonder how many rehab starts he will need

Jake Peavy to start Thursday at Charlotte

By Mark Gonzales

After throwing a bullpen session without any discomfort Saturday, Jake Peavy said he will make his first minor league rehabilitation start Thursday night at Triple-A Charlotte.

Pitching coach Don Cooper and general manager Ken Williams said Peavy will need a minimum of three rehab starts, which would make his first major league start with the Sox on Aug. 28 at New York. But Peavy's first start could be moved up to Aug. 23 against Baltimore or pushed back to Sept. 3 against the Cubs, depending on how he feels.

Peavy said he conducted fielding drills as well as throwing 52 pitches to test his right ankle. Both ankles were taped. Peavy said a tentative schedule was mapped out but that each start would be set after each outing.

Peavy warned that because he hasn't pitched in nearly two months that his body feels like he's in late February of spring training.

Peavy think's he about ready. KW wants him to make 3 starts in the minors. "I've expressed to him a desire that I would like to see him get three rehab starts," Williams said. "I suspect after watching him today, I suspect at some point he is going to come to me that he doesn't need it, based on what I saw today. But I am more concern with him being healthy, being strong, going out there being the guy he can be."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?i...ce=MLBHeadlines

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
8 starts, if needed.

8-28 at NY

9-2 at Min

9-7 vs Bos

9-13 at LAA

9-18 vs KC

9-23 vs Min

9-28 at Cle

10-4 at Det

Sticking with the 5-man rotation, it's actually

8-28 at NY

9-2 at Min

9-7 vs Bos

9-13 at LAA

9-19 vs KC

9-25 vs Det

9-30 at Cle

but knowing the way Jose has been pitching as of late, I'd be all in favor of skipping him as much as possible and keeping Peavy on 5 day rest.

• 2 weeks later...