Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
Nix against Felix? WTF?!

Nix has been getting on base, and also when Dye sits you could use a power infusion

I was surprised to read Nix has a HR every 18 atbats, nearing Thome's team lead (with every 14).

Oddly enough Getz has hit lefties better than righties this year. His OBP against righties still beats Nix's by 24pts but I suppose Jayson's pop offsets that. Nix has 12 RBIs vs righties in 65 atbats

Edited by Princess Dye

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Should be...

LF Pods

CF Rios

RF TCQ

Should be why? To put an injured Q in RF maybe 3 times a month? Thats just not smart. If you want Rios in CF, PODS is sitting. Thats how it is this season. The only way Rios is in CF and PODS is on the field is if Q is hurt or sitting, and even then Ozzie probably would want to keep PODS out of LF.

Pods has no arm, CQ has an arm but rarely gets behind his throws, and cant hit cutoff men to save his life.

Pods at the very least can get to balls, CQ has been really hobbled out there. It's been noticeable.

It's kinda like, do you prefer s*** or s*** with chocolate sauce topping...but i have to say Pods or Rios must be the RF, and i'd prefer Pods depending on pitcher/park

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
Who is this THQ and why isn't Quentin playing??

:lolhitting

I saw an Iowa license plate with the letters "TCQ". If only it was "020 TCQ". That would be the greatest license to have and someone has it.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
Exactly what I was sayin...only worry is can CQ play RF with that foot of his.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Should be why? To put an injured Q in RF maybe 3 times a month? Thats just not smart. If you want Rios in CF, PODS is sitting. Thats how it is this season. The only way Rios is in CF and PODS is on the field is if Q is hurt or sitting, and even then Ozzie probably would want to keep PODS out of LF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no good reason why quentin can play left field without it being an injury risk though right field is. The amount of chances in left field and right field is almost identical. I could see if there were substantially more balls hit to right rather than left... and people were worried he would be tested more out there. There is no reason to be concerned about any sort of adjustment period considering he has played right the majority of his baseball playing days.

If dye is sitting, and your starting outfield consists of podsednik, rios, and quentin, the logical outfield rotation would be podsednik in left, rios in center, and quentin in right. Quentin is supposed to be a better right fielder than left fielder, rios is our best outfielder defender by far, and podsednik is a better defender in left compared to center (though it is pretty minimal considering podsednik has throwing woes in left compared to center).

Suppose podsednik a wash in left and center, if we could upgrade at two positions defensively, even if it's only a handful of times, it's never a bad idea. While it is unlikely for this scenario to come to frutation, it's the right one.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 07:14 PM)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no good reason why quentin can play left field without it being an injury risk though right field is. The amount of chances in left field and right field is almost identical. I could see if there were substantially more balls hit to right rather than left... and people were worried he would be tested more out there. There is no reason to be concerned about any sort of adjustment period considering he has played right the majority of his baseball playing days.

If dye is sitting, and your starting outfield consists of podsednik, rios, and quentin, the logical outfield rotation would be podsednik in left, rios in center, and quentin in right. Quentin is supposed to be a better right fielder than left fielder, rios is our best outfielder defender by far, and podsednik is a better defender in left compared to center (though it is pretty minimal considering podsednik has throwing woes in left compared to center).

Suppose podsednik a wash in left and center, if we could upgrade at two positions defensively, even if it's only a handful of times, it's never a bad idea. While it is unlikely for this scenario to come to frutation, it's the right one.

Frutation? :) I know what you meant.

Honestly, you're probably correct on all accounts. However, the fact is he hasn't played there in a while, so he may take a few games to get accustomed to the angles, and perhaps they are concerned he will get a bad read, take a misstep, and inujur the foot again. Who knows.

The prudent thing would be to have him shagging balls in RF and get him in there when he is comfortable.

However, we all know, Ozzie likes to do things in his own, illogical and peculiar way, and we just have to put up with him...

Edited by iamshack

Carlos Quentin UZR

2006 in RF in 389 innings: 4.4

2007 in RF in 577 innings: 4.7

2008 in LF in 1147 innings: -5.9

2009 in LF in 448 innings: -4.3

I know he is suffering from the foot injury now and those are somewhat small sample sizes, but still. He was better in RF. I think he would be able to do fine if we moved him to RF.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Carlos Quentin UZR

2006 in RF in 389 innings: 4.4

2007 in RF in 577 innings: 4.7

2008 in LF in 1147 innings: -5.9

2009 in LF in 448 innings: -4.3

I know he is suffering from the foot injury now and those are somewhat small sample sizes, but still. He was better in RF. I think he would be able to do fine if we moved him to RF.

I completely agree, but this is Ozzie we are talking about. Like I said yesterday, why play Quentin, Rios, and Pods all at their natural positions when we can play them completely out of position?