September Call-ups Predictions

SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
Joe Crede.

I would imagine a scenario that would involve showcasing a few players for possible trades that are on the Charlotte team not neccessarily all rookies although some could see some duty. Hooper, REstovich, etc anyone that has some major league experience that might be a trading chip for KW . If Ozzie has a chance he will rest his regulars. If KW thinks we are out of it Betemit will get some extended playing time.

Ozzie said in the paper that he wanted another catcher to help Castro and AJ. So probably Armstrong or Flowers.

The others are up in the air. Probably Fields, Betemit, Nunez, etc. The ones that have been up this year.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
Ozzie said in the paper that he wanted another catcher to help Castro and AJ. So probably Armstrong or Flowers.

The others are up in the air. Probably Fields, Betemit, Nunez, etc. The ones that have been up this year.

There is zero chance that Armstrong is up over Flowers, unless an injury happens. I also don't see Betemit being back up, as I believe they took him off of the 40 man roster.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 03:14 AM)
Frank Thomas :ph34r:

That would possibly be one of the happiest days in Sox history.

If Frank didn't mind coming off the bench once in awhile, it'd be a nice bat to have in a pinch.

And he could retire here.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
This morning on 670 Steve Stone confirmed that Flowers will be called up. Also, he noted that Hudson is not on the 40man so if he's to be called up, there would have to be another move to offset his promotion.

So he noted that Hudson isn't on the 40-man, but he didn't note that Flowers isn't either?

Stone thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is.

Someone will have to be dropped from the 40-man when Flowers contract is purchased from Charlotte. My guess is Colon is an easy move to make.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
So he noted that Hudson isn't on the 40-man, but he didn't note that Flowers isn't either?

Someone will have to be dropped from the 40-man when Flowers contract is purchased from Charlotte. My guess is Colon is an easy move to make.

According to Stone the Sox will get 2 first round picks as compensation when they lose Dye to free agency because that's what happens when you lose a player to free agency. No mention of categorizing type A and B free agents or the fact that the Sox would have to offer him arbitration, something they probably won't do. It's just a forgone conclusion that they'll get a couple picks.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
According to Stone the Sox will get 2 first round picks as compensation when they lose Dye to free agency because that's what happens when you lose a player to free agency. No mention of categorizing type A and B free agents or the fact that the Sox would have to offer him arbitration, something they probably won't do. It's just a forgone conclusion that they'll get a couple picks.

And the Sox would be very, VERY smart to do so. Replenishing the farm system with two additional picks will be good.

Also, do the not get an additional/comp pic for not signing Morgado, the kid from Tenn?

And, to answer the original question.....

Flowers

Torres

Fields

Jhonny Nunez

Getz from DL

Peavy from DL but probably won't pitch...better yet keep him on the DL for the remainder of the season.

Would love to see David Cook but that's not going to happen.

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (OilCan @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
And the Sox would be very, VERY smart to do so. Replenishing the farm system with two additional picks will be good.

Also, do the not get an additional/comp pic for not signing Morgado, the kid from Tenn?

I think you missed the point in there that NO WAY will they offer either Thome or Dye arbitration, and JD's contract will be bought out for next year.

Would be VERY VERY shocking if they offered Dotel...they didn't with David Riske, although he was a notch or two down from OD, but the risk is way too high of bringing him back at an exorbidant salary that looks good in ROTO leagues (like Javy V.) but isn't so great in reality.

In other words, we will lose Contreras, Dye, Thome and Dotel without gaining a single draft pick for any of them.

There's still about a 30-50% chance either (on or the other) Thome OR JD will be back as the DH for 2010, but it's diminishing with every loss.

I think KW's to the point where he would rather see what Flowers or even Fields can accomplish (again) rather than relying on the aging veterans to be the core of his team anymore.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)

Perhaps you're correct, but he's one of the best in-game analysts going.