Game Thread

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
What the f***?

OK, I'll wear my "We can do it!!" attitude from here on out and listen to "Don't stop believin" Journey CD on loop for the next 3 months. That should directly translate to at least 30 more wins.

Hey, you leave Journey out of this!!! :D

I think KW has to be a bit worried about Rios so far. He has shown us nothing and appears to be living up to his underachiever billing. And on another note, is it just me or is our bullpen just collapsing over the past few months?

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
I can't speak for you personally (as I don't analyze every post on this board) but I've seen an incredible amount of negativity on this site all season long (although its peaked recently). I really think this team has the talent to dominate baseball.....but the negativity of this fan base has destroyed the attitude of the team. This team (and almost every team in all sports) needs positive energy to reach its potential and Sox fans as a whole have provided very little of it this season.

Explain to me how the positive energy of this board will effect the team. Is this something one person can bring up? Let's give it a try:

GO WHITE SOX!!!

NEVER GIVE UP, I'LL ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!!

YES, 2005 WAS AWESOME AND IT'LL HAPPEN AGAIN! WE SHOULD KEEP BRINGING IT UP!!!!

WWWWHHIIIITEEEE SOOOOOXXXXX!!!

Positive energy has returned.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
I think KW has to be a bit worried about Rios so far. He has shown us nothing and appears to be living up to his underachieving billing. And on another note, is it just me or is our bullpen just collapsing over the past few months?

It's not just you.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
I can't speak for you personally (as I don't analyze every post on this board) but I've seen an incredible amount of negativity on this site all season long (although its peaked recently). I really think this team has the talent to dominate baseball.....but the negativity of this fan base has destroyed the attitude of the team. This team (and almost every team in all sports) needs positive energy to reach its potential and Sox fans as a whole have provided very little of it this season.

Sin if you don't like negativity the game thread is the last place on the board you should come . Bothered me for quite a while and you don't deserve the crap you're taking but for a sports fan you're a rarity. Way too many people become way too emotional following their favorite team and watching them play bad.

QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
Yeah, because the Sox players go in the clubhouse between innings to read posts on our game threads.

f*** that s***, it's not the fans fault, its the PLAYERS. They have no balls, no confidence, and no spirit. None of that is the fault of the fans. We've been watching this same s*** go on all season long, we have a right to be pissed off, unhappy, b****y, upset and we have the right to call our team a bunch of f***ing pussies, because that's how they're playing. This team reminds me of a ladies softball team. They need to grow some f***ing balls and just go play hard-nosed baseball, but instead they have their dicks tucked in between their legs playing like a bunch of pansies.

Yeah. What he said. :notworthy

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
How can you even say that?

It would be great to win 2 of 3 from Boston, but if they win 1 of 3 thats what you have to expect, especially with Count and Freddy pitching. If Detroit loses the next 2 or goes on any slump the Sox still have plenty of time.

Its one thing to get mad at players, but I dont understand how you can ever give up on a team if you are its fan. I will be a thinking about a playoff appearance until the magic number is 0, just like Ive done every year

First of all, it's a 4 game series.

Second of all, you have to admit this is an incredibly difficult team to watch. It would be one thing if this was the San Diego Padres we are watching. But it is extremely difficult for me, as a fan who watches this team just about every game, to witness players make fundamental mistake after mistake.

I've learned over the course of my life that when you watch every game a team plays, especially in baseball, you have to learn to be patient, to take the good with the bad, to not overreact and not to take things too seriously. But even the most casual of fans must admit this is one particular team that is extraordinarily difficult to watch.

I'm tired of Kenny putting teams like this together only to see them fail to transition their talent from paper to the field. To watch them constantly fail in the most important of situations, even when the other team tries to give them the game (such as today) is a true test of my patience.

How could anyone who watches this team right now not be disgusted? It's getting to the point where even if we did somehow make the playoffs, I'm not sure I'll even be that upset if they lose, as they have no business even being on the same field as the better teams in the league.

Sin City,

This place was different a long time ago.

People were critical of players, but there wasnt the "Im done with this team" post after every bad game or outing.

I understand where you are coming from, but a lot of people who have a similar attitude to you just dont feel its worth the time to constantly fight the tide.

Iamshack,

Right its a 4 game series.

So as I said, if they win the next 2 they are even for the series.

I merely meant that winning 2 of the first 3 or 1 of the first 3 isnt that huge of a difference in the grand scheme. And when you have Count and Garcia going against the Red Sox, do you really feel confident in those 2 games?

The answer should be no, and the fact Freddy kept it close should be a positive.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Sin City,

This place was different a long time ago.

People were critical of players, but there wasnt the "Im done with this team" post after every bad game or outing.

I understand where you are coming from, but a lot of people who have a similar attitude to you just dont feel its worth the time to constantly fight the tide.

The team now is mentally softer to those teams in years past, you can see it on the field.