5th starter........

MurcieOne

I cant stand watching Mike Porzio pitch every five days, I know he's a lefty and besides MB we have no other lefty starters.... but gawd damn.. he's too brutal.

I propose we bring up our own version of Pedro Jr. in Felix Diaz.

take a look into his numbers, and keep in mind the hitter friendly ballpark he pitches in.

4-7 W/L

3.82 ERA

92 IP 95 H

64 K's 29 BB's

Lemme ask you this... could Felix be any worse than Porzio? and does anyone think it's a realistic possibility that Mike Porzio will be in the starting rotation for any extended length of time? Mike is a reliver, and when he's in that role he's doable.

The only way I think this might be held up is if the Sox cant bring him up until the rangers select their players. because if I recall correctly... he was on that list.

Did i miss something?  Have Porzio's starts been that bad?  Has he not kept the Sox in the games he has started?

I think you're correct and he deserves to stay until he has a few bad outings....

I was just stating that if we were gonna make a move, I'd rather see Cotts than Diaz...

Did i miss something?  Have Porzio's starts been that bad?  Has he not kept the Sox in the games he has started?

I'm with you Rex, what has Porzio done to make comments like that. Its not like he has came in here and gave up 5-10 runs in both starts

I'm with you Rex, what has Porzio done to make comments like that. Its not like he has came in here and gave up 5-10 runs in both starts

Alright... Mike Porzio has been mediocre and against bad teams. I'll admit that.

I don't think Porzio is anything just like I didn't think Stewart was anything after two solid starts agains the Tigers.

I'd be happy to see Felix Diaz get a shot.

My buddy Cy Young Porzio called me up right when he turned on the Sox game to see Porzio making his first start. :lolhitting

Once Porzio fails, they should give Jon Rauch a chance (if he's healthy).

I was thinking that to mac.....but he's gotten beat around since coming back from injury.

and to pitch him again coming back from injury like we did last year.... could totally kill his confidence.

Diaz is the guy.

I cant stand watching Mike Porzio pitch every five days, I know he's a lefty and besides MB we have no other lefty starters.... but gawd damn.. he's too brutal.

take a look into his numbers, and keep in mind the hitter friendly ballpark he pitches in.

4-7 W/L

3.82 ERA

92 IP 95 H

64 K's 29 BB's

Lemme ask you this... could Felix be any worse than Porzio? and does anyone think it's a realistic possibility that Mike Porzio will be in the starting rotation for any extended length of time? Mike is a reliver, and when he's in that role he's doable.

The only way I think this might be held up is if the Sox cant bring him up until the rangers select their players. because if I recall correctly... he was on that list.

FYI Porzio's numbers were much better than that, in the same park. I don't like Porzio in the starting rotation either, but right now he's about the best option, and has kept the Sox in the game his first 2 starts.

4-7 W/L

3.82 ERA

92 IP 95 H

64 K's 29 BB's

FYI Porzio's numbers were much better than that, in the same park. I don't like Porzio in the starting rotation either, but right now he's about the best option, and has kept the Sox in the game his first 2 starts.

Much better?

The only stat that i can really say Porzio was THAT much better than Diaz was Strike outs. 87-64

Diaz ERA was .50 lower

Diaz walked less batters

Diaz also gave up 3 less HR's in a HR friendly ballpark.

He's also seven years older than Diaz.

To say that Porzio's numbers WERE MUCH BETTER is well wrong.

Charlotte IP H R ER BB SO HR 
B.Cooper (W 10-8) 7.2 6 0 0 1 5 0 
K.Wunsch 0.2 0 0 0 0 2 0 
M.Ginter (S 12) 0.2 0 0 0 0 1 0

Cooper pitched pretty well last night, as did Kelly and Ginter has been pretty good all year.

Porzio was lucky to hold his own in his first twostarts. He got by because he had no homers and few walks, but they hit him. With Porzio you need two things: a stingy bullpen and some offense. His luck ran out today. He is not a big league starting pitcher. I don't know that Charlotte did him any favors by putting him in the rotation, because that was not his long term ticket to the bigs.