Sox vs Twins 7:10CDT CSN Floyd vs Blackburn

jasonxctf

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent this email to Ozzie - thought I'd let folks on Soxtalk see it - my 5 suggestions to beat the Twins:

Ozzie,

You are right, we have to win this series and hopefully sweep. Minnesota has weak pitching, so we have a good chance. Here are my suggestions:

1. Play Rios in CF the whole series. You need his speed and range on defense.

2. Make sure Pods is in the line-up (either as LF or DH) the whole series. You need his speed on the basepaths, plus he's playing with intensity, getting on base, and even driving in runs. He will disrupt the Twins pitchers when he's on base, just like he did in NY yesterday.

3. Keep your starting pitchers in the game until they falter. The bullpen isn't strong enough right now to pull pitchers when the pitch count gets high. If they are still pitching effectively, like Freddy in NY yesterday, leave them in until they put some runners on base or some runs score. It's that time of year - they have to shoulder more burden.

4. For your big guns (DH and corner outfielders), play the hot bats, which appear to be Quentin and Dye. Dye hit the ball well yesterday.

5. Don't let Lillibridge take an at bat, and get Getz back in there ASAP while using Nix to give Beckham a rest for a game.

Given the standings, we absolutely have to do well in all the remaining games against the Twins and Tigers. Fortunately there are a lot of head-to-head games, but we have to win them.

Go Sox!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
THE SURGE BEGINS

I said before this awful road trip that if we are 4 games back after it we have a shot. Amazingly that is still very possible if Detroit doesn't make another great comeback today. Well at least I have talked myself into watching the game tonight.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
I said before this awful road trip that if we are 4 games back after it we have a shot. Amazingly that is still very possible if Detroit doesn't make another great comeback today. Well at least I have talked myself into watching the game tonight.

no way they can play any worse than we've seen over the last two weeks. Dye showing signs of life, maybe. I like how the starters have been doing, with one glaring exception who need not be named.

Seriously, why the f*** not? 6 games left against the twins and tigers. Destiny...

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
I sent this email to Ozzie - thought I'd let folks on Soxtalk see it - my 5 suggestions to beat the Twins:

You included your sig pic right?

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
no way they can play any worse than we've seen over the last two weeks. Dye showing signs of life, maybe. I like how the starters have been doing, with one glaring exception who need not be named.

Seriously, why the f*** not? 6 games left against the twins and tigers. Destiny...

Who knows. Maybe we somehow pull this off during the last series of the season and get the chance to watch Peavy pitch game 2 of the playoffs from a wheel chair.