Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 04:08 AM)
Cause I could not care less about the draft. Baseball draft is overrated. There are plenty of good players in round one. I want wins.

I remember you saying the same exact thing in 2007. I'll stick with Gordon Beckham and a few less meaningless wins.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 04:15 AM)
Yes but is there a guarantee we still could''nt have gotten Beckham? How do we know the team ahead of us a slot or two would have taken him?

Have you seen the middle infield prospects of the Astros? No doubt they would have picked him instead of Castro. The Reds not taking Beckham right before us is one of the more shocking draft moments of this decade.

Have you seen the middle infield prospects of the Astros? No doubt they would have picked him instead of Castro. The Reds not taking Beckham right before us is one of the more shocking draft moments of this decade.

OK, so what if we completely tanked and lost and lost and lost even more? Would we have taken somebody else OVER Beckham?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
I would've went with Pedro Alvarez. I still believe he'll be the best player from that draft. The power he's already dispalying in the minors is downright criminal.

His strikeout rates alarm me. If i were to do a top ten it would probably look like this

G Beckham

Posey

Wallace

Matusz

Castro

Weeks

Alvarez

Smoak

T Beckham

Lawrie