White Sox @ Indians 6:05 WCIU-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 07:19 PM)
How does one not get Richard Simmons like giddy when thinking about a Peavy/Buehrle/Danks/Floyd/Garcia/Hudson starting rotation next year?

Because that's been the rotation the past 10 games or so and nothing much has changed. Its a nice start though.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
what the hell is going to happen with Josh Fields? Is he coming back to play 1b next year?

Ozzie was talking the other day about the defense saying at the beginning of the year he was playing guys who couldn't catch a cold, and he said he wouldn't name names. Fields is one of those guys. He can homer his next 20 AB, he's done with the Sox.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
All those of you who have been begging to see the kids get your wish granted tonight - enjoy!

Dweezy, RF

Slayer, 3B

Q, LF

PK, DH

Rios, CF

Fields, 1B

Flowers, C

Nix, 2B

Lillibridge, SS

I'm happy to see Flowers behind the plate instead of Castro, because Flowers has more future potential with the Sox. But I don't care to see Lillibridge go for the all-time MLB record of most plate appearances in a season without an RBI. I'd rather see Alexei get another game's worth of experience fielding at SS.

Lillibridge must have felt the pressure you put on him today.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
10 games, huh? I take it all back. I'd rather have the Brewers rotation. ;)

Its a small sample size, but Peavy has been lights out and before yesterday no other pitcher won a game since he had been in the rotation. It wasn't like they have been playing the best teams in the league and they were at home in must win games. Its going to take more than that rotation to win a championship. Think about it, Hudson will be a rookie, probably in the bullpen until somebody breaks down. Garcia can be a decent 5th starter. Floyd, hopefully his hip is something very minor. Danks and Peavy look solid, but if Buerhle has to keep being held back, at the end of the year what happens? The bullpen will be a key. Dotel has been told he won't be back. Jenks is up in the air. Thornton is solid. Pena has potential. Linebrink can come back. Hudson could be a solid piece. If the Sox bullpen is bad, they are screwed no matter who is in the rotation.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
Its a small sample size, but Peavy has been lights out and before yesterday no other pitcher won a game since he had been in the rotation. It wasn't like they have been playing the best teams in the league and they were at home in must win games. Its going to take more than that rotation to win a championship. Think about it, Hudson will be a rookie, probably in the bullpen until somebody breaks down. Garcia can be a decent 5th starter. Floyd, hopefully his hip is something very minor. Danks and Peavy look solid, but if Buerhle has to keep being held back, at the end of the year what happens? The bullpen will be a key. Dotel has been told he won't be back. Jenks is up in the air. Thornton is solid. Pena has potential. Linebrink can come back. Hudson could be a solid piece. If the Sox bullpen is bad, they are screwed no matter who is in the rotation.

I was messin' with you, man. I guess we can just agree to disagree. I don't feel like arguing today. I love our projected rotation. They alone give me hope for next year. I totally agree about the bullpen. I've just recently come to the conclusion that a bad bullpen = you ain't sniffin' October.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
I was messin' with you, man. I guess we can just agree to disagree. I don't feel like arguing today. I love our projected rotation. They alone give me hope for next year. I totally agree about the bullpen. I've just recently come to the conclusion that a bad bullpen = you ain't sniffin' October.

I agree with the rotation. I've stated Peavy is KW's greatest trade ever. It will be interesting to see what happens this winter.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
what trades do you think the Hawk was talking about when he was talking about how Cleveland had some bad ones? The biggest bad moves I could think of were Thome and Manny leaving in FA

Andy Marte hasn't worked out too well for them. Extending Hafner hasn't worked out too well for them. The strategy of slowly letting people walk away lately hasn't worked too well, if for no other reason than they can't get a burst of guys all ready together at the same time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
It is the thing that makes me think we can compete next year.

The division shouldn't have any juggernauts unless the new park in Minneapolis makes the Pohlad family shell out some of their billions. There's a big article in SI about the Tigers and how they have gone about attracting fans, and how Illich isn't a profit and loss guy. If they fall short he may go into the red although the free agent class isn't exactly stellar and their farm system can't have much left that would interest other teams into giving up productive players. I think KC will be better. Cleveland is rebuilding. It will be interesting to see what KW's bullpen plan is. I think that's the key.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 06:11 PM)
The division shouldn't have any juggernauts unless the new park in Minneapolis makes the Pohlad family shell out some of their billions. There's a big article in SI about the Tigers and how they have gone about attracting fans, and how Illich isn't a profit and loss guy. If they fall short he may go into the red although the free agent class isn't exactly stellar and their farm system can't have much left that would interest other teams into giving up productive players. I think KC will be better. Cleveland is rebuilding. It will be interesting to see what KW's bullpen plan is. I think that's the key.

yes, KC will be good. I don't even think it's a case of "could be" but will be. I think Jacobs will be better and a healthy gordon and another year for butler...plus some solid pitching...