**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
LOL at the Angels. Way to choke away any chance of making the WS by making errors on consecutive bunts.

scott kazmir can throw a 95 mph strike from the mound but he cant lob a ball 30 feet to first base....phillies/yankees world series

shoulda brought in weaver earlier

It's amazing how much the Angels got outplayed this series, I'm surprised they won two games. Bad hitting, bad pitching, bad fielding, bad managing. I lost a ton of respect for Scioscia in this series. Why wouldn't you bring in Weaver earlier? Of course, he brings him in when the game is out of hand.

Angels got beat pretty good. They made so many mental mistakes and just seemed to play tight. I love Sciosc but he didn't do a good job managing. I really think he got tight in the playoffs and didn't stick with the style of baseball that got them there.

I also think there were some major screw-ups when you left Saunders in knowing that you had Weaver available. Angels needed some clutch-hits and really failed to deliver em all series.

I wonder what the squad will look like next year with Vladdy, Figgins, and Lackey all free agents.

can't understand why so many forum members want Figgins,he consistently sucks every postseason.

When you finally get to watch a team play several games in a row, you discover many players are just like ours ... inconsistent. When you don't see them on a consistent basis, you tend to overvalue them because they are the unknown. They get hot and cold just like our players. That's why a .300 batting average is considered godlike. Three successes in 10 at bats.

Figgins is no savior; just as Pods is no savior. But Pods arguably was better than Figgo this season; Pods was better than a lot of players. If people watched all players as closely as they do the Sox they'd see it.

That said ... the Yankees' dominance in the playoffs shows it truly was their year.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
When you finally get to watch a team play several games in a row, you discover many players are just like ours ... inconsistent. When you don't see them on a consistent basis, you tend to overvalue them because they are the unknown. They get hot and cold just like our players. That's why a .300 batting average is considered godlike. Three successes in 10 at bats.

Figgins is no savior; just as Pods is no savior. But Pods arguably was better than Figgo this season; Pods was better than a lot of players. If people watched all players as closely as they do the Sox they'd see it.

That said ... the Yankees' dominance in the playoffs shows it truly was their year.

Please argue this. Include defense and offense

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6986

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4405

Right now I am looking at a difference of .006 in BA, Chone has a better SB%, OBP%, plays infield and outfield, more RBI, more runs scored.

Please argue this

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)

Pods was not arguably better than Figgins this season. Pods was also worse than the vast majority of players around baseball and was generally better only than guys who are bad players.

Pods was not arguably better than Figgins this season. Pods was also worse than the vast majority of players around baseball and was generally better only than guys who are bad players.

I disagree.

Worst than the "vast majority" of players around baseball? This past season? Are you exaggerating a bit? How many of you actually believe that?