KW: Pods not likely to come back

justBLAZE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that KW has some plans up his sleeves. And if Pods wants too much, well let's thank him and say goodbye. So now the Sox have a hole in the OF and leadoff. Let's hope the Sox get it right this year. I don't think any of us want to see what we saw at the beginning of last season again.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I love what Pods has done for this organization, but it sounds like we're FINALLY making defense a priority. All I can say is hell the f*** yes.

Gosh I hope so. I've always been more of a pitching & defense type of guy. To me a 1-0, or 2-1 type game is much more exciting than a 9-8, or 12-11 type of game.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
Pods is obviously trying to cash in on his comeback season. Nothing wrong with that, but methinks that it's an aberration and I'm glad to hear that he'll be getting that big contract somewhere else.

I dont know that it is an abberation. His pattern is good year, bad year. He was really good for Milwaukee in 03, sucked hardcore in 04, reborn for the Sox in 05, injured and ineffective in 06, stunk in 07 and 08(but you can combine both of those years, he played a combined 155 games in 07 and 08) and reborn in 09 again.

So obviously, the Sox dont want him next year because he will probably drop off again

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
BTW Kenny's comment about the DH spot possibly going unresolved until the end of the offseason makes me worry. It tells me 1) he has very limited funds, 2) it's not important enough to address immediately, 3) he's planning on waiting around until January to pick through the scraps. Wonderful.

Don't take anything Kenny says about potential moves seriously.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
BTW Kenny's comment about the DH spot possibly going unresolved until the end of the offseason makes me worry. It tells me 1) he has very limited funds, 2) it's not important enough to address immediately, 3) he's planning on waiting around until January to pick through the scraps. Wonderful.

I think he knows there will be good deals out there and DH is usually one of the easier positions to fill. Right now I think Kenny's focus will be finding that starting OF to go with Rios and Q and retooling the bullpen and giving himself some more financial flexibility so he can get Danks locked down, maybe go to Q for a deal (buying low), and of course freeing up the payroll necessary to add one more big bat.

I really feel we see a few rumored Jenks/Konerko deals which give the club financial relief and some young arms that project to the pen (and maybe a young outfielder depending on the Konerko situation).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
I dont know that it is an abberation. His pattern is good year, bad year. He was really good for Milwaukee in 03, sucked hardcore in 04, reborn for the Sox in 05, injured and ineffective in 06, stunk in 07 and 08(but you can combine both of those years, he played a combined 155 games in 07 and 08) and reborn in 09 again.

So obviously, the Sox dont want him next year because he will probably drop off again

Given his age and long history of injuries, it's very possible that he may never have an above-average season again.