AGon discussion, et. al.

Chisoxfn

Regardless of what any of us think of the rumor, Cowley's twits (or tweets or whatever) should illustrate to everyone here what a joke his writing is. He isn't a journalist at all, is a guy who shouts a lot about sports. You can find those at your local pub too, but they don't get paid for it.

He had nothing material to add, so he resorted to insults. Childish and unprofessional are understatements.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
Indeed. Who talks about potential acquisitions in the offseason? Sooooo Cub fan-like.

We might as well just shut down the board until March.

There's a dfference between trades that could actually happen and the Cub-fan "let's trade a nobody for Albert Pujols" type of trade like this. There is no way the Angels have any interest whatsoever in PK. None.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:20 PM)
Why would the Padres want Floyd or Danks 1? They are not going to compete for a few years and by that time those two will be very expensive.

Yeah but in theory those guys are worth quite a haul themselves. If they could turn one of them into 3-4 very good prospects and pick up another couple from the Sox then they'd come out way ahead. But it doesn't matter because it isn't happening. No team is going to offer that kind of talent IMO. The Red Sox rumors keep mentioning Buchholz, and he's not even a proven MLB pitcher, but I'm not so sure they'd include him either.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
There's a dfference between trades that could actually happen and the Cub-fan "let's trade a nobody for Albert Pujols" type of trade like this. There is no way the Angels have any interest whatsoever in PK. None.

This isnt idle speculation, but rather a confirmed talk. You obviously have decided you dont believe it, so leave it at that.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)

But we don't know what was actually discussed. If they're getting significant cash back, or even better from their point of view, ditching GMJ's contract in the deal, then they'd have enormous interest. As it stands though, I agree that they wouldn't have even the slightest bit of interest in a $12M Paul Konerko. I don't think anyone would for that matter, including us.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)

ok, just had a chance to listen to the interview, he says Gonzales only wrote about the deal because it was an attempt to "cross promote" the Trib's ChicagoNow blog site which hosts SoxNet.net.

What a piece of crap and a low blow.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

These people who went to school for journalism are threatened by people who can get the same info as them. Most sports journalists are snobby a$$holes. They think they know better than us little pions. I can respect guys like Jason Whitlock and Bill Simmons because they aren't full of themselves. If I recall correctly, I broke the news that Beckham was promoted to AAA, unless someone somewhere else did before me? And, by definition, I am a blogger. But, in a nutshell, Joe Cowley is a c***sucker. I think I'll e-mail him that myself...

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
There is no way the Angels have any interest whatsoever in PK. None.

Didn't Vlad just file for free agency? I imagine that a competitive team with deep pockets like theirs might be interested in a one-year stopgap at DH. Given Paulie's price tag, they wouldn't have to give up much for him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
This isnt idle speculation, but rather a confirmed talk. You obviously have decided you dont believe it, so leave it at that.

Longshot....did the Angels try to sign Konerko years ago, yes.

Have the Angels been long-tied to Konerko in rumors pretty much every year since he ultimately signed with the White Sox...yes.

So how you go as far as saying the Angels would have no interest in Konerko is pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:47 PM)
Longshot....did the Angels try to sign Konerko years ago, yes.

Have the Angels been long-tied to Konerko in rumors pretty much every year since he ultimately signed with the White Sox...yes.

So how you go as far as saying the Angels would have no interest in Konerko is pretty ridiculous.

DING!

My e-mail to Joe Cowley, edited for content...

You are a c***sucker. I'm a Birmingham Barons season ticket holder and I break news all the time to White Sox fans on my blog. Just because your journalism jobs are disappearing because newspapers are dying doesn't excuse you from taking shots at legitimate bloggers who are just as capable as you are. Times have changed, you aren't the alpha and omega of news anymore. Jason Gage is a legitimate White Sox blogger, I am as well, you are a f***ing clown and Jason Gage hung a clown suit on your sorry a$$.

Cheers,

JPN

I find our fan bases (not Soxtalk) inability to grasp that GM’s talk all manner of trades all the time, rather unbearable. Hell, Jim from Soxmachine (a guys whose opinions I really do respect.) basically writes off the rumor without even offering analysis. The problem here is that no one is doing their jobs. Offer some form of counter opinion, tell me why you don't find the rumor plausible, becasue if you don't your thought is just as invalid as you claim Soxnets to be. Don't write something off just because it's easier to do it that way.