Top Ten White Sox of the Decade

kev211

How did they neglect to mention Paulie's grannie in the world series? I'm pretty sure that's what all of us will remember most highly over his career. At least, I will. That was my favorite moment in sports history (Hester's opening return in the SB is a close second, though)

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
How did they neglect to mention Paulie's grannie in the world series? I'm pretty sure that's what all of us will remember most highly over his career. At least, I will. That was my favorite moment in sports history (Hester's opening return in the SB is a close second, though)

Well the picture they used is from that very moment.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)

At least the picture is of that slam.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
Jon Garland

The right-hander, anonymous to many Sox fans, won more games than any other pitcher in the decade besides Buehrle (82).

What the f*** does that mean?

It means that most fans don't know that he won more games than any other pitcher in the decade besides Buehrle...

I am not the biggest fan of how Crede stuck it to the franchise when he left, but he is more deserving than Rowand. Crede was the best defensive 3B in the AL for a couple seasons there, even if he couldn't hit for s*** most of the time. The dude was clutch... sleeping with the enemy now, so I could really careless about him.

Maggs could/should be higher.

Jose should also be ranked up 1 or 2 spots.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
I am not the biggest fan of how Crede stuck it to the franchise when he left, but he is more deserving than Rowand. Crede was the best defensive 3B in the AL for a couple seasons there, even if he couldn't hit for s*** most of the time. The dude was clutch

Crede should definitely be included in there. But how did he "stick it to the franchise"? By signing with the Twins?

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (WCSox @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Crede should definitely be included in there. But how did he "stick it to the franchise"? By signing with the Twins?

People have always been super quick to dismiss on how big of a dick Joe was before he left. Anyone remember on how we was left off the playoff roster and then didn't even hang around or go to Tampa to watch the series or be a part of the team? How about the numerous requests for surgery, only to be ignored by Joe each and every time with the great advice he continued to trust Boras with. Crede signed with the Twins on purpose. There were other teams that were interested, but it didn't take long for Joe to decide that he would be most happy to sleep with the enemy. I'm quite sure he was happier than a pig eating s*** when he went deep in his first AB back at the Cell. Thanks for the memories, but screw you Joe Crede.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
People have always been super quick to dismiss on how big of a dick Joe was before he left. Anyone remember on how we was left off the playoff roster and then didn't even hang around or go to Tampa to watch the series or be a part of the team? How about the numerous requests for surgery, only to be ignored by Joe each and every time with the great advice he continued to trust Boras with. Crede signed with the Twins on purpose. There were other teams that were interested, but it didn't take long for Joe to decide that he would be most happy to sleep with the enemy. I'm quite sure he was happier than a pig eating s*** when he went deep in his first AB back at the Cell. Thanks for the memories, but screw you Joe Crede.

I realize that Crede's relationship with the Sox front office deteriorated somewhat when he went back on the DL in 2008 and it was obvious that he was done in Chicago, but your characterization of his motives is way off base. First of all, he had surgery in 2007 (and 2008), and neither trip under the knife helped. Secondly, Crede didn't sign with the Twins for revenge. The Twins needed a 3B and many teams stayed away form Crede because of his well-known chronic back problems. Joe's whopping one-year, $2.5M deal from Minnesota clearly showed that he was worth little on the FA market. Thirdly, baseball is a business and Crede had no obligation to stay away from rival teams when he hit free agency (I'll bet you think that Johnny Damon's a real asshole as well).

If you want to know how much of a jerk Joe Crede is, the JumboTron tribute that the Sox put together in Crede's first game back at the Cell earlier this year says it all.

Edited by WCSox