Bartolo

Jordan4life_2003

With Bartolo and Buehrle pitchin like they can we've for now atleast got the best 1-2-3 pitching combo in the majors...PERIOD....

I wouldn't go that far. I'd still rather have Oakland's trio. Our 1-2-3 is awesome though, and with Garland pitching well at the 4 spot we have one heck of a rotation for once. Unfortunately we don't have a 5th starter to speak of.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd still rather have Oakland's trio. Our 1-2-3 is awesome though, and with Garland pitching well at the 4 spot we have one heck of a rotation for once. Unfortunately we don't have a 5th starter to speak of.

What? Mike Porzio, Dan Wright, and Josh Stewart haven't been good enough for you?

Regardless, we need help in the bullpen more then we do in the rotation. I can handle 4 studs in the rotation, and 1 dud. What I can't handle is having 2 studs, one decent pitcher, and 3 s*** pitchers in the pen

not having that #5 won't hurt sooo much if we were in first place, but we need to get there.

question, if we are let say within one game, by trade deadline, we should not abandon this season, we still have quite a few games after.

A stellar performance from Colon. The key thing for him today was no walks. It's a lot easier for him to pitch with no one on. He seemed to spot that fastball at will, which hasn't always been the case. Part of that I think had to do with that outside corner that extended quite a bit outside the plate. It was consistent the whole game but that won't be the case in his next start.

Well, I'm not gonna say Colon had master control today cause I think the game would of been quite a bit different had the ump not been calling everything for a strike, but he called it the same way for both teams.

Either way Bartolo had an awesome fastball tonight and was moving it all over the plate, instead of his usual hit one spot and keep trying for that spot the entire night. With the movement on his fastball, if he's able to keep a hitter guessing, he'll be amazing.