Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
That's totally going to be one of my goals when I finally move into the city haha

I love that show && I'm pretty damn good at it ..if I do say so myself!! lol ..I always get mad when people decline to play the video bonus round ..I'm like "GO FOR IT YOU FOOL!!" hahaha

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I love that show && I'm pretty damn good at it ..if I do say so myself!! lol ..I always get mad when people decline to play the video bonus round ..I'm like "GO FOR IT YOU FOOL!!" hahaha

haha ya i do well usually too. Apparently she didn't know the answer to the question though but had already signed the form to allow the footage to be used so she's kinda embarrassed.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
haha ya i do well usually too. Apparently she didn't know the answer to the question though but had already signed the form to allow the footage to be used so she's kinda embarrassed.

No big deal! A lot of people get those questions wrong, it's whatever! At least she has proof that she was on the show! :)

I would go on there and be wrong any day!

Checking my credit report and I realized how close I am to finally paying off my car. Financing a car with no money down for 72 months wasn't the smartest thing I ever did. It's cool though, my car is still in pretty decent shape and doesn't have an inordinate amount of miles on it.

I told my stepdaughter that if my car is still in good condition when she is old enough to drive (in 3 years) then she can have mine and I will buy another but she has to find a way to pay for the increase I'll have on my car insurance. Get a job, do extra work around the house, something.

So about 15 minutes ago, a CFD helicopter started hovering right over our building, spotlight pointed somewhere nearby. Lots of sirens since then. I think maybe there's something happening in the river between Webster and Fullerton. Anyone else in the area? News hasn't said anything yet.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
I told my stepdaughter that if my car is still in good condition when she is old enough to drive (in 3 years) then she can have mine and I will buy another but she has to find a way to pay for the increase I'll have on my car insurance. Get a job, do extra work around the house, something.

Depending on the state, that can be a s***load of money. But yea thats fair IMO. When living in Michigan my brother's insurance was about $2500 a year for his first few years, and he was a good student and everything. Im still stunned by that number.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
So about 15 minutes ago, a CFD helicopter started hovering right over our building, spotlight pointed somewhere nearby. Lots of sirens since then. I think maybe there's something happening in the river between Webster and Fullerton. Anyone else in the area? News hasn't said anything yet.

Woke up this morning, found this. Idiot in river.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
Checking my credit report and I realized how close I am to finally paying off my car. Financing a car with no money down for 72 months wasn't the smartest thing I ever did. It's cool though, my car is still in pretty decent shape and doesn't have an inordinate amount of miles on it.

I made that mistake with the first car I ever financed. Problem was I was driving 80 miles getting to work and back everyday, so I was racking up milage quick.

We ended up upside down on it but I got into an accident and totaled it. The check the insurance company gave us was only a few hundred short of paying the loan off.

It's weird to say that totaling that car was the best thing that could've happened to us.

Now we try to stay around 3-years for a car loan and pay extra every month. We took nearly 6 months off our last loan just paying an extra $10 a month.

So Im usually a pretty patient person, but Im freaking out over the Study Abroad application I turned in yesterday. This year will be the first that not everyone who applied will get to go due to high demand and I really want to know where, if at all, I got into.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
So Im usually a pretty patient person, but Im freaking out over the Study Abroad application I turned in yesterday. This year will be the first that not everyone who applied will get to go due to high demand and I really want to know where, if at all, I got into.

That's really my only regret from college, that I didn't look into one of those programs for a semester. Why did you apply?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
That's really my only regret from college, that I didn't look into one of those programs for a semester. Why did you apply?

Ive only been legitimately out of the country once (I went twice to Canada but I dont count that) and that was to Italy before my senior year in high school. Ever since than I have wanted to study abroad, and everyone I have talked to said that it was their best time in college. I applied to Hong Kong, Rotterdam, and London, so any place I go to will have English speaking people, while also having a vast different culture (London less so in terms of culture, but a much more international experience than Urbana).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)
Just got an offer to go to Rotterdam, netherlands. Soo happy i got that offer :)

Is that where they have the Marijuana and hookers!?

wear protection my friend......wear protection.....like eye goggles and such from the weed smoke......you know what I mean...

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
Is that where they have the Marijuana and hookers!?

wear protection my friend......wear protection.....like eye goggles and such from the weed smoke......you know what I mean...

weiorjlkdsgjoi

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
Working near Camp Pendleton this week. Artillery shells going off in the background is a bit unsettling.

lol I know what that's like... now imagine it being in a combat zone and having it only be about 200 meters from where you're living.

I had a doctor tell me honestly yesterdat that despite not being able to tell me what happened to my mother, what caused it, why she was recovering, or if it could happen again, that my mom got the best possible care she could get and the doctor refused to give a referral to another doctor for a second opinion. This was my mom who worked an eight hour shift one day, and then the next day was in a mode where she didn't know her name, where she worked, where she lived, or just about anything relevant in her life. Somehow I am just supposed to accept that answer.