2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
The thing is now, this opens up a roster spot for a pitcher in Birmingham. Who gets promoted? Does Omogrosso, Hynick, Derek Rodriguez or Scott Elarton get assigned here?

I could see Hynick getting reinstated if his shoulder checks out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Cassel has really fallen off the radar since winning the ERA crown in the Southern League in 2008.

I think "fun" has gotten in the way based on what I've heard.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
I think "fun" has gotten in the way based on what I've heard.

Man.. that's a shame. Would have been quite a story if he made it to the bigs, like his new rich brother Matt did after one season in another sport. ESPN would have had a field day with that segment.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Dash catcher Logan Johnson was placed on the DL. Nobody was added to the roster as of right now to fill the opening.

Leroy Hunt put on 7 day DL for Winston-Salem, Bellamy called up from Kanny.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Anyone know who the Sox currently have (of note) in extended ST? I'm mostly concerned with Jose Martinez here.

David Holmberg and Trayce Thompson are probably the most notable names in extended ST. Not sure what Jose Martinez is doing.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
David Holmberg and Trayce Thompson are probably the most notable names in extended ST. Not sure what Jose Martinez is doing.

Derek Rodriguez, Brian Omogrosso and Brandon Hynick are on the DL, but probably still in Arizona. There's Daniel Black and Taylor Thompson as well.

The latest transactions from Baseball America have posted. April 6th through the 14th, nothing shocking, Brady Clark was released, Miguel Negron was placed on the restricted list, and Scott Elarton, Brian Omogrosso, Derek Rodriguez, Brandon Hynick and Jared Mitchell were placed on the DL. Elarton of course has since been assigned to Charlotte.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
Damn, now Josh Phegley is on the DL and Jeffrey Tezak was promoted to Winston-Salem.

Phegley on the DL?! OK so, either Gonzalez or Dubler will move up to W-S, and that means they'll both get starting time. Dubler getting another shot to show he can do something.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Phegley on the DL?! OK so, either Gonzalez or Dubler will move up to W-S, and that means they'll both get starting time. Dubler getting another shot to show he can do something.

Yeah, W-S still has a roster spot open, so they can add a catcher. They'll need to, because as of right now, Luis Sierra is the only person who can play catcher on the roster who is healthy. And he is a utility player. I don't know what is going on with the Dash players, three guys put on the DL in two days, crazy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
The various W-S catcher injuries are now up on FS.

Perhaps things got rowdy at a bar after the exciting finish to the game? Logan Johnson and Leroy Hunt were hurt in games, so their injuries aren't in question.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)

Say they move Dubler up to W-S, there are only two other catchers in the system that I know of who could take his place at Kanny. Chase Blackwood or Robert Vaughn.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Say they move Dubler up to W-S, there are only two other catchers in the system that I know of who could take his place at Kanny. Chase Blackwood or Robert Vaughn.

If Dubler or Gonzalez are promoted to W-S, all you need is a backup C at Kanny for a little while. Blackwood and Vaughn are just organizational filler, and I'm sure they'd be fine with filling in there for a while.