2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Chapman went 4 1/3 innings, 0 ER, 9 K's.

How long before he's called up?

It's all about service time and saving money (the Braves being the only team to say "f*** it" with Heyward). Guys like Chapman, Strasburg, Posey, Alvarez and Santana have no business in the minors. They'll all be up by late May, early June.

Edited by Jordan4life

Just saw highlights of both Strasburg/Chapman. Strasburg needs to stop it. Oh my god. I seriously think he could finish in the top 10 in the CY voting right now. Forget about the FB that regularly hits 98-100 MPH. His breaking stuff is not of this planet. Chapman was filthy as well. Although it seemed he was throwing nothing but fastballs. I'm just glad these two are in the NL.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Chapman went 4 1/3 innings, 0 ER, 9 K's.

How long before he's called up?

To think, I thought the Reds management were idiots letting that kid, who is so raw (waaaay more than Stras who is in AA right now) start off in AAA like this (not to mention Leake who has never even pitched in the minors be up in the big leagues) It's still very early, but so far it looks like I'm the idiot for doubting them.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
To think, I thought the Reds management were idiots letting that kid, who is so raw (waaaay more than Stras who is in AA right now) start off in AAA like this (not to mention Leake who has never even pitched in the minors be up in the big leagues) It's still very early, but so far it looks like I'm the idiot for doubting them.

Thats going to be a team nobody wants to face next season with Cueto, Volquez, Leake, and Chapmann. I think they have 2 good hitting prospects too in Alonso/Frazier that both can be ready next season to take starting gigs.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Thats going to be a team nobody wants to face next season with Cueto, Volquez, Leake, and Chapmann.

Don't forget Bailey. Yea their rotation is young, powerful (Leake the only guy who probably won't throw over 95, but has, IMO, the best movement or second best next to Cueto), and stacked. Assuming of course Volquez comes back all the way which usually takes about two years to be very good again. Drew Stubbs has incredible speed BTW. Some say, he's probably top 5 in pure speed in the game right now.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
Don't forget Bailey. Yea their rotation is young, powerful, and stacked. Assuming of course Volquez comes back all the way which usually takes about two years to be very good again.

I didnt mention Bailey for a reason lol, still not sold on him. If I were them id def. consider trading Harang/Arroyo/Dickerson this season though, assuming the plan is for Votto to go to the OF.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
I didnt mention Bailey for a reason lol, still not sold on him. If I were them id def. consider trading Harang/Arroyo/Dickerson this season though, assuming the plan is for Votto to go to the OF.

If anyone would have taken Harang or Arroyo for anything of value, they'd have been gone already.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:47 AM)
If anyone would have taken Harang or Arroyo for anything of value, they'd have been gone already.

Especially Harang. That dude has fallen off a cliff since 2007. I actually like Arroyo. Not sure how much he gets paid. But he's an ideal 4th starter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Especially Harang. That dude has fallen off a cliff since 2007. I actually like Arroyo. Not sure how much he gets paid. But he's an ideal 4th starter.

Arroyo, who turns 30 on Feb. 24, will make $3.8 million this season, as stipulated in his old contract. Instead of making $3.95 in 2008, he will get an additional $2.5 million bonus. The earnings increase to $9.5 million in 2009 and $11 million in 2010 with an $11 million club option for 2011 that can climb to $13 million if he reaches incentives. The option carries a $2 million buyout.
Link

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
This opens a spot up on our 40, right?

I told you guys something is up. Now the Sox are trying to free up a 40 man spot and they lose a pitcher on waivers. I bet this has something to do with the D-Backs scout I saw.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
I told you guys something is up. Now the Sox are trying to free up a 40 man spot and they lose a pitcher on waivers. I bet this has something to do with the D-Backs scout I saw.

Do scouts typically not show up for games?? Id imagine especially to start season teams would send scouts out in general just to seek out new emerging talent.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)

It is too early in the season for something to really be happening on the trade front.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Do scouts typically not show up for games?? Id imagine especially to start season teams would send scouts out in general just to seek out new emerging talent.

I see scouts all the time at Barons games. This guy was working a lot harder than the usual due diligence. Considering the White Sox history with the D-Backs, Kenny Williams always looking to deal, and now the attempt to remove Santo Luis from the 40 man by exposing him to waivers, something is up.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
I see scouts all the time at Barons games. This guy was working a lot harder than the usual due diligence. Considering the White Sox history with the D-Backs, Kenny Williams always looking to deal, and now the attempt to remove Santo Luis from the 40 man by exposing him to waivers, something is up.

Serious question. I can't remember trades happening before May, maybe ever June once the season has started, how often does this actually happen???

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Serious question. I can't remember trades happening before May, maybe ever June once the season has started, how often does this actually happen???

I doubt anybody on this board would think KW isn't looking into any possible deals at any point of the season.