2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

So, I'm assuming since he played his game in a Knights uniform yesterday, that Jordan Danks will be in AAA to start the season?

AAA rotation all but set.

Charlotte's starting rotation will consist of Lucas Harrell, Carlos Torres, Jeff Marquez, Matt Zaleski and Daniel Hudson, all right-handers.
Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
That's a really great rotation. It should be fun year in AAA this year. I also look forward to seeing what Ever strings together for the Barons. He has a lot less talent going into this year, then he did the last.

Should be some decent competition for some guys trying to stay relevant, such as Marquez and Torres.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)

Poor Dublar looks like he missed his chance to make an impression for the organization. He's playing behind Miguel Gonzalez now. I also look forward to seeing what Shoemaker does in an extended season.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
I also look forward to seeing what Shoemaker does in an extended season.

I am as well. I firmly believe one of Shoemaker/Ciolli/Colligan is going to end up a quality prospect. I'm leaning towards Ciolli currently.

Edited by DirtySox

I don't know if anyone has been paying attention to Bryce Harper's first go round in Juco Ball but the guy is absolutely mashing. This past weekend he was 7-14 with 4 HR's. What is even more impressive is that he is 2 years younger than anyone else in the league and that it is a "wood bat" league.

The guy is further cementing himself as the consensus #1 pick ($$$ aside).

Harper is also on pace to shatter practically every offensive record in his respected JUCO's conference.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
I don't know if anyone has been paying attention to Bryce Harper's first go round in Juco Ball but the guy is absolutely mashing. This past weekend he was 7-14 with 4 HR's. What is even more impressive is that he is 2 years younger than anyone else in the league and that it is a "wood bat" league.

The guy is further cementing himself as the consensus #1 pick ($$$ aside).

Harper is also on pace to shatter practically every offensive record in his respected JUCO's conference.

Yep, it looks like him and Jameson Tallion are the fairly obvious first two picks of the draft, at this point.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
Yep, it looks like him and Jameson Tallion are the fairly obvious first two picks of the draft, at this point.

Taillon has some pretty insane stuff. The whole high school pitching class is very deep.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
My boy Nate Jones going (back) to the rotation. I'll definitely be following his progress as a starter, as I know the sox really like him.

That's quite interesting. Especially because from the press release it looks like Gregory Infante will start the year in the bullpen. Both moves are interesting.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 02:40 AM)
That's quite interesting. Especially because from the press release it looks like Gregory Infante will start the year in the bullpen. Both moves are interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. INfante did seem to run out of gas as the season went on, that might be an indicator.

And with Infante going to the pen, I thought that Serafin would start the year in W-S - but he's back in Kanny again.

Also, Bellamy staying over in Kanny is abit of a surprise - the way people were talking about him, I thought he might be in W-S or higher.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
My boy Nate Jones going (back) to the rotation. I'll definitely be following his progress as a starter, as I know the sox really like him.

A guy with that kind of rawness should be starting. The best way to try to develop an arm like that is to build repetition and muscle memory. It could also give him a chance to work on secondary stuff.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)

They have an impressive group of pitchers with Infante, Griffith, Jones, Hunt, Remenowsky, Leesman, Rodriguez, Edwards, and Sauer. That will be a fun group of players to track over the next year or two, always interesting to see which ones will flame out and who will take the necessary steps forward. I would think that a couple of those guys will be knocking on the door by the end of 2011.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Here's your Barons' roster: al.com story

He will probably never make it, but Greg Paiml going to AA with the Barons, as a player, is an outstanding story. I'm sure JPN will have a good time seeing that kid play in his hometown.

I find it interesting though that the sox are now making Jhonny Nunez a starting pitcher. McCulloch (unfortunately still here) will be in the bullpen as will Rasner it seems. Barons won't be nearly as strong as last year, but their defense overall is much better.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Very interesting to see them list Jhonny Nunez as a starter.

Read my mind.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:49 AM)
They have an impressive group of pitchers with Infante, Griffith, Jones, Hunt, Remenowsky, Leesman, Rodriguez, Edwards, and Sauer. That will be a fun group of players to track over the next year or two, always interesting to see which ones will flame out and who will take the necessary steps forward. I would think that a couple of those guys will be knocking on the door by the end of 2011.

Is Griffith throwing yet after surgery?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Is Griffith throwing yet after surgery?

He threw last year starting in rookie ball in June.

There's something a bit off with the Barons' roster. There's only 23 players, more notably only 11 position players. Someone like Lee Cruz or another utility organizational player is probably on the roster as well.

As for Nunez, it has to be rare to have a reliever actually pitch in the Majors and the next year go back to the minors to start.