2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
He's going to require radical surgery to remove all the forks that have been stuck in him.

This isn't going to end well. If Daniel Cabrera can't cut it, then there's no hope for Elarton.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT: But Sergio Morales reminds me of another guy who we traded a year ago for "future considerations" to the Brewers.

Sergio Miranda. Does anyone know if we got anything back from him that was reported? PTBNL? Cash considerations? etc..

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Some of those pitchers you have listed in Charlotte are going to be released, or stay back in long camp, or be traded/given away to other teams.

I know.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
OT: But Sergio Morales reminds me of another guy who we traded a year ago for "future considerations" to the Brewers.

Sergio Miranda. Does anyone know if we got anything back from him that was reported? PTBNL? Cash considerations? etc..

He was my AAP.

I never saw anything that detailed what, if anything, we got back directly. Possible it was cash, it was NOT a PTBNL in any official sense... seems like it was more of a "hey, you guys need a middle IF at this level and we have one, you scratch my back later for some other low level prospect" type thing.

He played last year with MIL at High A, played like every position on the field at various times including pitching, but played every day somewhere, put up a good AVG (over .300) but otherwise pedestrian offensive numbers. He's currently in AZ at Spring Training with some team or another, but I can't see which one. I'll send him a note and ask where he's at this year.

He's not making anyone's roster in any case, but I assume he'll probably be playing AA ball somewhere.

Confirmed that IF/OF Joe Persichina was cut loose. He signed with Sussex in the Can Am League. So, the minor league cuts from last week potentially consist of Persichina, C Zach Larson, IF Jesus Avila and OF Sergio Morales. Two more as yet unidentified. I was looking forward to seeing Persichina with B'ham this year as a utility player.

Baseball America updated their minor league transactions, here are the cuts from minor league camp...

RHP Kevin Asselin, RHP Ben Fritz, RHP Brett Graffy, RHP Jacob Marceaux, RHP Orber Moreno, LHP Matt Jernstad, C John Curtis, C Zach Larson, 1B Todd Gossage, 2B Jesus Avila, 3B Jose Fulgencio, OF T.J. Bohn, OF Kent Gerst, OF Sergio Morales, OF Joe Persichina

...I'll have a massive update to the Big Board up tonight. As we know, Scott Elarton, Javier Castillo and Joe Torres were signed. Torres signing wasn't listed on the Baseball America site, but it was on MLB.com.

Edited by JPN366