2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to where Brandon Hynick, Brian Omogrosso, Scott Elarton and Derek Rodriguez are. I imagine that most of them are in extended spring training due to rust (Elarton) or recovery from injury (Omogrosso and Hynick), but D-Rod's omission is curious. Barons use the DH, Lee Cruz would fit that role perfectly and provide depth in the outfield. He's on the roster, AL.com always makes errors in the Barons related stories. As Dan and I have discussed...

Just wanted to let everybody know that the reason for my noticeable absence lately is because my 10 week old son is in the hospital with pneumonia. He's doing much better, in fact he's 1000 percent better than he was Friday. Under the circumstances, I'm sure you guys understand that my first edition of JPNese will be delayed and I may miss part or all of the first Barons homestand.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
McCulloch sucks. Charlotte actually has some talent this year, and there is no room for him.

This will be the year that McCulloch finally turns it all around and becomes a stud.

I'm curious as to where Brandon Hynick, Brian Omogrosso, Scott Elarton and Derek Rodriguez are. I imagine that most of them are in extended spring training due to rust (Elarton) or recovery from injury (Omogrosso and Hynick), but D-Rod's omission is curious. Barons use the DH, Lee Cruz would fit that role perfectly and provide depth in the outfield. He's on the roster, AL.com always makes errors in the Barons related stories. As Dan and I have discussed...

Just wanted to let everybody know that the reason for my noticeable absence lately is because my 10 week old son is in the hospital with pneumonia. He's doing much better, in fact he's 1000 percent better than he was Friday. Under the circumstances, I'm sure you guys understand that my first edition of JPNese will be delayed and I may miss part or all of the first Barons homestand.

JPN, I wish your son a speedy recovery and you all the best. No need to explain man, in reality family comes first.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)

I saw in one of Scott Merkin's articles that Elarton is in fact at extended spring training. As for the rest, I'm less sure. Omogrosso might be one of those rookie ball rehab guys. He may be healthy, but his stuff has to come back.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)

I thought Hynick was actually released a couple of weeks ago?

And good luck to you and your family. Hopefully the young pup pulls through quickly!

Jerry Crumbs Krause is back with the White Sox. The Slueth as he's known played a big role in bringing Ozzie Guillen and KW and Scott Pippen, Kornell David and Dalibor Bagaric to Chicago is going to be a scouting consultant, keeping his eye on the Dominican. I actually was on an elevator with Jerry a couple of years ago and the way he was weazing, I was very concerned. Hope all is well with him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)
I thought Hynick was actually released a couple of weeks ago?

He was outrighted to Charlotte. He's off the 40-man roster, but he's still in the org. as far as I can tell.

Good news! Fist of all, my son is feeling much better and is home from the hospital. He is on a weeks worth of Amoxicillin and the doctors said he should be just fine. We had a "House M.D." like diagnostics team on his case. He won't get to go to his first baseball game just yet, but soon enough. I will be attending opening night tomorrow though. Also, we still have a connection in Winston-Salem. New Dash broadcaster Alex Vispoli is just as nice and helpful as former announcer Ed Collari. He said he reads both Future Sox and Soxtalk and he'd be willing to help out with interviews or whatever we needed for both sites.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Good news! Fist of all, my son is feeling much better and is home from the hospital. He is on a weeks worth of Amoxicillin and the doctors said he should be just fine. We had a "House M.D." like diagnostics team on his case. He won't get to go to his first baseball game just yet, but soon enough. I will be attending opening night tomorrow though. Also, we still have a connection in Winston-Salem. New Dash broadcaster Alex Vispoli is just as nice and helpful as former announcer Ed Collari. He said he reads both Future Sox and Soxtalk and he'd be willing to help out with interviews or whatever we needed for both sites.

Awesome on both points.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
So this is interesting... Nate Jones is listed as the starter for W-S in tonight's game. Converting to starter?

Someone's not been doing their reading ;)

http://bit.ly/alvZH9

It may just be to stretch out his arm and try to speed up the development process, or maybe they see him as a starter long term.