I'm making the following tonight...

bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
It's 5:30, i'm about to begin.

http://www.maria-brazil.org/brazilian_strogonoff.htm

http://www.cookbrazil.com/vinaigrette.htm

+ 2 bottles of wine, in case the food sucks (but it wont!)

I don't have nutmeg, nor peppers, but f-all, i'm gonna make a champion.

You'll do wonderful. Just follow the directions, have confidence, and stay focused.

Overcooked the meat, I WAY overestimated how long that would take. I thought since I didn't brown the meat it would take longer, but it was basically boiling in the cream, I should've realized.

Nonetheless, creme de leite is AWESOME! SOOOO much better than sour cream. My sister-in-law says that it's the equivelant of table cream which you can find in the latina section. EXCELLENT

The vinaigrette is fantastic, seriously, best thing I've learned in brazil is that the s*** i was used to putting things on was SEVERELY limiting. (best example: mustard) BUt so, i used balsamic since I was w/o white wine vinegar, and it was still awesome. It's essentially pico, no doubt, but without the spice it makes it much more transformative I feel.

so yeah. GREAT first try at brazilian stroganoff. Don't think I want nutmeg (don't much care for it.) but definitely missed the garlic.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Flaxx, what fish?

I should take a picture of what fish markets look like here.

Just farmed tilapia from the grocery store. It was on sale so it won out over the salmon.

I'd love to see a Brazilian fish market. The Sydney fish market was one of the most amazing things I ever experienced.