Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
Well, yeah, I'm utterly convinced the left is horrible for America. So I'll continue attacking it.

Soooo no reasonable discussion will ever come out of you, because one disagreement with you = liberal buttmunch who should literally be teabagged until they change their opinion.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Soooo no reasonable discussion will ever come out of you, because one disagreement with you = liberal buttmunch who should literally be teabagged until they change their opinion.

I can't be convinced that a certain strain of thought is bad for my country, bad for my people and bad for me without being hyperviolent and intolerant? I never said anything of the sort. Unlike you, I actually believe in your freedom to say what you want. I'm in the Army to fight for such freedoms. However, that doesn't change my utmost belief that your opinions are idiotic, unrealistic and bad for America. I believe that leftist politicians should be voted out of power in every election and that leftist ideas should be fought against and revealed for the bulls*** that they are. But I didn't say we should just go around killing all the leftists and forcibly converting them. Stop acting like I ever did.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
no one said you'd kill leftists, what the hell are you ranting about?

liberal buttmunch who should literally be teabagged until they change their opinion.

Ok, maybe not "kill" per se, but it certainly sounds like he thinks I want to forcibly convert leftists.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
no one said you'd kill leftists, what the hell are you ranting about?

Like I said, no reasonable discussion will ever come out of him.

He claims the army is so high and mighty, than makes in fun of my for being in a support our troops club. NO.REASONABLE.DISCUSSION.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Ok, maybe not "kill" per se, but it certainly sounds like he thinks I want to forcibly convert leftists.

I shouldn't have stated it that way, I don't think you would make someone change by use of force, unless it was an enemy combatant of course. My point though was that if one person ever states a liberal point in any good light you automatically think of them as some awful human being, and even if they state conservative beliefs later you still will bash them for having that liberal belief.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
He claims the army is so high and mighty, than makes in fun of my for being in a support our troops club.

I just think it's funny. Let me guess...you're one of those "support the troops but not the war" types, right?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
You spend an awful lot of time whining about my assumptions and not much time proving my assumptions incorrect.

Hey! Know you get it! It's just like you!!

I don't like counting on war to settle issues, I do think it's necessary in certain circumstances but especially nowadays I believe intelligence and special ops serves a better purpose than all out wars.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Let me guess...you're one of those "support the troops but not the war" types, right?

*raises hand*

And what's wrong with that? I even support the gay and lesbian troops unlike many of your fellow conservatives.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
You spend an awful lot of time whining about my assumptions and not much time proving my assumptions incorrect.

yeah it must be "whining" to point out how terrible your arguments always are.

ps question begging is another fallacy! you get the burden of proof when you make a claim, not me!

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
*raises hand*

And what's wrong with that? I even support the gay and lesbian troops unlike many of your fellow conservatives.

Oh cool. The leftist circle jerk never would have been complete without you. Thanks for coming.

If you don't support our assigned mission, you don't support us. Any troop would tell you that. The whole "support the troops by bringing them home" idea is ludicrous to us. We weren't drafted. We signed up to support a cause. If you don't support that cause, you don't support us. End of story.

I don't really give a s*** if a troop is gay or not. I just don't like seeing our time wasted to conduct social experiments in tolerance. Time that, mind you, could be better spent training for actual combat scenarios and not on how to see gay people as people.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 1950 -> 10:34 PM)
I just don't like seeing our time wasted to conduct social experiments in tolerance. Time that, mind you, could be better spent training for actual combat scenarios and not on how to see black people as people.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
:headbang

No s***. I had to take an hour long course on that crap. It was a waste of my time. The instructor even thought it was a waste of time. All because some liberal politician who had never served in the Armed Forces wanted to score political points.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
No s***. I had to take an hour long course on that crap. It was a waste of my time. The instructor even thought it was a waste of time. All because some liberal politician who had never served in the Armed Forces wanted to score political points.

Nah, probably because of dumb bigots who view gays as second-class citizens.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I can't be convinced that a certain strain of thought is bad for my country, bad for my people and bad for me without being hyperviolent and intolerant? I never said anything of the sort. Unlike you, I actually believe in your freedom to say what you want. I'm in the Army to fight for such freedoms. However, that doesn't change my utmost belief that your opinions are idiotic, unrealistic and bad for America. I believe that leftist politicians should be voted out of power in every election and that leftist ideas should be fought against and revealed for the bulls*** that they are. But I didn't say we should just go around killing all the leftists and forcibly converting them. Stop acting like I ever did.

Is there any chance that you are wrong?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
I just think it's funny. Let me guess...you're one of those "support the troops but not the war" types, right?

Nah, f*** the troops, they don't need civilians, they do this all by themselves. You told me.

Which makes this kind of weird

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/am...-130842483.html

Seems like some of the military think they actually need the American citizen's money. And at least according to the American Legion head, they even want the American taxpayer to keep paying them huge benefits after they leave the military.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/30/...E78P0DY20110930

Oops and it seems that the military may be concerned about losing civilian manufacturing capabilities.

They need infant in charge, he'll set them straight. The military doesn't need support from anyone.

:cheers

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Oh cool. The leftist circle jerk never would have been complete without you. Thanks for coming.

If you don't support our assigned mission, you don't support us. Any troop would tell you that. The whole "support the troops by bringing them home" idea is ludicrous to us. We weren't drafted. We signed up to support a cause. If you don't support that cause, you don't support us. End of story.

I don't really give a s*** if a troop is gay or not. I just don't like seeing our time wasted to conduct social experiments in tolerance. Time that, mind you, could be better spent training for actual combat scenarios and not on how to see gay people as people.

How do you sign up in support of a cause that hasn't even started? Are you seriously claiming that every war action the US is involved in should be 100% supported? Morally and legally aren't you required to not follow an order that you believe to be illegal or immoral? Shouldn't the citizens be allowed that same right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
Paid for by mitt Obamneycare romney?

It's the republican thread but the daily show did a bit on this earlier this week. There's pretty much no possible person who could have met all the standards of the tea party and been elected anywhere.

haha, that is true. but some things are worse than others for candidates.

so, let's say a rating of 10 is the worst, with a rating of 1 being least damaging:

Obamneycare: 7 (and fading)

Perry appearing to support illegal immigration: 9.5 (heating up still. could hit 10)

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Please, your post was written to bash the left, in a thread that it's really unnecessary. You're a walking political commercial.

well, just want to point out that this is the 'GOP 2012 Nomination Thread'.