Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09...esidential-run/

I knew it, I knew it, I f***ing knew it.

You knew what? We heard this same thing about Christie, and he said no. With Palin, it could be yes. You didn't know before, and you don't know now, because there is nothing to know.

No doubt she loves the idea of riding into the race on her white horse to save the day, but don't act like you somehow knew something no one else did. My WAG is that its 50/50 if she runs or not. But that is just a guess, like yours.

I realize she may not care about such things...but it's October. The first caucuses are literally in 3 months. That's a blink of an eye in terms of having enough time to set up campaign offices and actually get out and do anything. You'd almost have to be suicidal to jump into a race right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
I realize she may not care about such things...but it's October. The first caucuses are literally in 3 months. That's a blink of an eye in terms of having enough time to set up campaign offices and actually get out and do anything. You'd almost have to be suicidal to jump into a race right now.

As we saw in 2008, you don't have to do things conventionally to win. It's not like she's an unknown.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
As we saw in 2008, you don't have to do things conventionally to win. It's not like she's an unknown.

Who won in 2008 without running a conventional campaign? Obama won Iowa after having focused on that state for months and having been a candidate for what, 9 months, with an enormous fundraising apparatus, followed by a long term plan for how to take home a delegate win on Super Tuesday.

Huckabee won Iowa in 2008 because he fit that group well and focused his entire campaign on winning Iowa...but it wasn't enough, and McCain had a decent showing there followed up by a good enough showing in New Hampshire to put himself on the path.

The last time we saw people enter as late as Rick Perry, it was guys like Wesley Clark and Fred Thompson...each of whom had a little boomlet but neither of whom could put together a solid campaign by the time the voting actually started.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09...esidential-run/

I knew it, I knew it, I f***ing knew it.

ABC News’ Polson Kanneth reports:

Sarah Palin will not run for president. She made the announcement in a letter to supporters Wednesday night.

Read Palin’s letter here:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
And once again, the left wing fear machine comes up short.

Yes, that's right...make fun of the left because Sarah Palin won't be President.

Please.

While you're at it, how about you make fun of us because we generate too much electricity from solar, our air is too clean, and we have started too few silly wars.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:05 AM)
Yes, that's right...make fun of the left because Sarah Palin won't be President.

Please.

While you're at it, how about you make fun of us because we generate too much electricity from solar, our air is too clean, and we have started too few silly wars.

They have spent the last four years following her around like a puppy because "she could be President", when there was never a reality of that happening. Singlehandedly they kept her as relevant, just so they could use her as a threat over what could happen. It was purely a fear tactic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
They have spent the last four years following her around like a puppy because "she could be President", when there was never a reality of that happening. Singlehandedly they kept her as relevant, just so they could use her as a threat over what could happen. It was purely a fear tactic.

Singlehandedly? Yeah the right never propped her up as a potential 2012 candidate. LOL

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)

Huh?

Palin loved the media attention. Made millions off of it. Starred in her own TV specials. Has a show on Fox. Yet somehow this is all part of the "left wing fear machine"?

The media followed her around like a puppy because the media is terrible at its job and derelict in its duty to provide actual journalistic investigation, discovery and discourse.