Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
That was the definition of inconclusive evidence on that call. I can't believe it was overturned.

Yeah that was a brutal overturn. Mizzou should be ashamed though. Get a slumping 7-5 team that had a miserable failure of a season and numerous off the field distractions as your opponent, and find a way to lose even though said opponent has made a living losing games just like that all season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
That was the definition of inconclusive evidence on that call. I can't believe it was overturned.

Yeah how do you look at it for two and a half minutes and say it was conclusive? It's whatever, if Gabbert doesn't make that dumb throw they win by two scores. Of course, there was also a hold on the pick six. So many ways Mizzou should have won. They are so much better than Iowa, oh well. That goes in the category of 'only Mizzou loses a game like that.'

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
Yeah how do you look at it for two and a half minutes and say it was conclusive? It's whatever, if Gabbert doesn't make that dumb throw they win by two scores. Of course, there was also a hold on the pick six. So many ways Mizzou should have won. They are so much better than Iowa, oh well. That goes in the category of 'only Mizzou loses a game like that.'

It's games like that which are why it's so hard to win the confidence pool, and they happen every year. I don't see how any non Iowa fan could have done anything other than put 20 some odd points on Mizzou.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)

I was texting Danman at the time and as soon as that catch was made I immediately saw the ball move. But that is in the eyes of a homer and it did seem like the announcers saw it. Either way, I'll take my win. After blowing 5 games this year, its nice to finally win one and I don't give a rats ass how it happened.

Nice win and Coker is a f***ing beat. The hell with Adam Robinson. Iowa just beat a very very good Mizzu team with Stanzi playing like ass for the whole 2nd half.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
It's games like that which are why it's so hard to win the confidence pool, and they happen every year. I don't see how any non Iowa fan could have done anything other than put 20 some odd points on Mizzou.

Ya, cause Iowa didn't have the lead for the majority of that game? Rolleyes? Because Coker didn't absolutely destroy Mizzu's defense just as Gabbard ripped through Iowa's defense.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
You can't tell from that picture if he's controlling it or not.

Ya, you can. The nose of the football is on the ground and at that angle, there is no way the player could have his hands cradled under the ball. It is phyiscally impossible. And after watching the replays again today, it is very clear that you see the ball shifting and moving when he's on the sideline. The ball was bouncing all over the place.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Ya, you can. By the way, I had also visited some Mizzu boards and seen plenty of people who felt that it wasn't a catch as well. And after watching the replays again today, it is very clear that you see the ball shifting and moving when he's on the sideline. The ball was bouncing all over the place.

It can touch the ground if its being controlled and you can't tell that from a still.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
It can touch the ground if its being controlled and you can't tell that from a still.

Yes it can, but from the angle that the ball is, it can't be controlled. Mizzu fans and Iowa haters seem to be the only people having a serious problem with the call. And even than, I've seen plenty of Mizzu people indicate it was the right call.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
It was an absolute gift of a game either way. It's pathetic that Iowa was even close enough to win by the benefit of 2 or 3 calls and bounces.

Agreed. Stanzi got away with a Favre of a game too.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
Yes it can, but from the angle that the ball is, it can't be controlled. Mizzu fans and Iowa haters seem to be the only people having a serious problem with the call. And even than, I've seen plenty of Mizzu people indicate it was the right call.

It'd be one thing if it had been called no catch on the field. Then I'd agree there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it and say it was a catch. But the fact that it was ruled the catch - that's not indisputable evidence.

Either way, Mizzou s*** the bed.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
A non biased opinion here.

I don't think he caught it, but I don't know if there was enough to overturn it due to the ruling on the field. The camera angles just werent there on that one.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
I'll take my win and the fact that they had the lead the majority of the game. Coker setting Iowa's single game rushing record too!!!

Mizzu is a f***ing really good team though. I'll say that much.

Iowa was smart enough to attack Gettis early, who decided to suck.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
I'll take my win and the fact that they had the lead the majority of the game. Coker setting Iowa's single game rushing record too!!!

Mizzu is a f***ing really good team though. I'll say that much.

I don't know what your definition of a "f***ing really good team" is, but in my world, they aren't. Last night emphasized that point.