32 members have voted

1. 1. in this series who will take it?

• sox take 3
    • sox take 2
    • sox take 1
    • sox get swept

is this where u retreat to feel better :D  :cheers  :usa

KC ROYALS

If this really is a KC fan.....I'd just like to ask.....how's that bullpen holding up?

Any team with Jose Lima as their ace should not win a division. That would include the Royals....too bad.

I'd like to see how you guys hold up in August. I smell a sub-.500 month coming up.

You know what I THINK will happen?

We will see the same team we saw when we played that 12-game stretch against the Twins and Cubs, but more favoring the team with the killer instinct, the dominant team against the Twins that last series. The Sox realize that the Royals are the first place team, and it is the end of July. They will realize that there is no more f***ing around, that they just need to go out and play. This off-day is exactly the thing we needed. Not only does it give the team a break, but it gives them a day to prepare for the series.

We are getting great starting pitching, the defense has been solid, and the offense good over the past 10 games, aside from 1 game(the game we lost). The bullpen, how ever many pitchers you think there are in there(right now, I'd say 4....Wunsch is good against lefties, Marte and Gordon are both studs, and White has been decent, minus one outing....Glover is hardly used, and Koch blows), was also good. We have 3 studs going, and I'm hoping we can get 7 strong from MB, 7 strong from Jon, and 7 strong from Esteban. All are very possible. I think the offense steps up, and the bullpen steps up. I think that, if we do make the postseason, the team that we will see in this series is the team that will show up in the playoffs.

If you want to, you can mark this post down, and see if I am right 4 days later. This IS the biggest series of the year, up to this point, and very well could be the biggest series of the year. We sweep, we are 1 game out, KC loses any momentum it had going in, possibly putting them into a huge losing stretch, and gives us a ton of momentum going into the I believe Seattle and Oakland games, and our west coast trip in general, and possibly lining us up for a trade on that dat. We get swept, we are 7 out, and we are fire-saling on that last day, losing any chance we had of competing right then and there.

On paper, game one is a tossup.

May is a stiff but is crafty and we might suck against his lollypops.

As much as I love Mark B., he at times is hittable.

We need to eke out a 7-4 win in Game One, but we easily could lose 6-2 ish.

we have bad luck oft times with crummy pitchers.

Game Two we figure to lose with Jon vs. Runleys, who is a stud.

Our only hope is to have Jon pitch a helluva game and/or out slug them in the late innings when relievers come in.

Game Three on paper is ours.

Baseball is a funny game, tho and anything can happen.

I want 2 of 3 desperately, but we could lose 2 of 3 or get swept.

A sweep by us would be incredible.

KCFAN?  Are you really a Royals fan?

Probability is high this poster is not a KC or Kansas City Royals fan. The reason being Kansas City Royals fans were put on the endangered species list almost 15 years ago. They have increased in value since they are so rare and people have had a hard time distinguishing between genuine KC fans and bandwagonners who suddenly realized there is a baseball team in Kansas City this past April. Most likely this is a case of the latter because real KC fans have been in the woodwork too long to risk showing themselves on a White Sox board in July when their team clings to a 4 game lead in the division. I saw a real KC fan once I think, but I was drunk so I'm not sure...

KCFAN?  Are you really a Royals fan?

Probability is high this poster is not a KC or Kansas City Royals fan. The reason being Kansas City Royals fans were put on the endangered species list almost 15 years ago. They have increased in value since they are so rare and people have had a hard time distinguishing between genuine KC fans and bandwagonners who suddenly realized there is a baseball team in Kansas City this past April. Most likely this is a case of the latter because real KC fans have been in the woodwork too long to risk showing themselves on a White Sox board in July when their team clings to a 4 game lead in the division. I saw a real KC fan once I think, but I was drunk so I'm not sure...

No, that KC fan you thought you saw had to be like the proverbial pink elephant. :D

MHO on the series is this simple. This might not make the season, but it sure can break it. If we were to get swept the season is over. And really if we lose 2 of 3, we are still 5 out with about 55 games or so to go. This is the time to make a key statement on the road.

KC ROYALS

If this really is a KC fan.....I'd just like to ask.....how's that bullpen holding up?

Any team with Jose Lima as their ace should not win a division. That would include the Royals....too bad.

I'd like to see how you guys hold up in August. I smell a sub-.500 month coming up.

Theyve gone 40-42 ever since that good start of theirs. They been mediocre all year, it was only one small fluke stretch that has saved them...

For now...

I basically agree with what you said wsf. And if we sweep them that will cruch the momentum. Theyll be only one game up and well be going to play the slumping Mariners. If we play like we have recently, we can beat these guys. And if we get swept, our season is over...

KC ROYALS

Theyve gone 40-42 ever since that good start of theirs. They been mediocre all year, it was only one small fluke stretch that has saved them...

For now...

Didn't you just say this 2 days ago?

Im going with no playoffs. KC has proved it actually is for real and I just dont think this team has what it takes to beat em...

So are they for real or mediocre? Are you a split personality? :huh:

KC ROYALS

For now...

Didn't you just say this 2 days ago?

Im going with no playoffs. KC has proved it actually is for real and I just dont think this team has what it takes to beat em...

So are they for real or mediocre? Are you a split personality? :huh:

:o

Ha! :lol: