Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Super Cauldron Idea:

So, I go an idea during the opening ceremonies. They say every country has it's own unique cauldron and it must be seen "from a distance". So, why no use the entire STADIUM as the cauldron? Have a "ring of fire" along the stadiums roof? You could totally hide the "cauldron" during construction by saying the pipework is for pyrotechnics during the opening and closing ceremonies.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Canada finally wins their 1st gold medal on home soil in the mens moguls.

We won a silver medal in the event.

I didn't understand why winning a gold medal was such a big deal for the Canadiens. Then I finally read that they hosted a Summer & Winter Olympics and didn't win a gold in either of those two games. That's pretty bad. Only other times that happened was back in the 1920s in France & Switzerland.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
The Super Cauldron Idea:

So, I go an idea during the opening ceremonies. They say every country has it's own unique cauldron and it must be seen "from a distance". So, why no use the entire STADIUM as the cauldron? Have a "ring of fire" along the stadiums roof? You could totally hide the "cauldron" during construction by saying the pipework is for pyrotechnics during the opening and closing ceremonies.

I don't trust that idea based on Canada's cauldron construction skills.

Well the Swiss has been a decent team the past few years so it was a nice win but nothing to write home about. The first two periods were pretty good but it looked like they fell asleep in the third. That being said, it would still be a major upset if this team medals.

Even Canada has come out slow against a crap Norway team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
I hope they improve with some practice because the USA team I saw today doesnt have a good shot at medaling

Drop to 0-2 with a loss to Norway and it was a bad loss since it went to an extra end and they had the hammer and still managed to blow it. The guy who throws last for them has sucked so far.