Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
So, if the Bears win 1 super bowl, you'll agree that Lovie Smith >> Ditka?

I love Da Coach, but talk about an overrated figure.

Ditka should be known more for the championships he prevented that team from winning than the one he managed to win.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Maybe, but at least there will be a debate. Until then Lovie is fighting for his job.

Funny how that works.

i think lovie would be fighting for his job even if he won in 06. this city never has embraced him like they did with ditka and probably never will. he doesnt scream and yell and kick at things enough

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
Josh McDaniels has been fired per ESPN. He's already played an active part in exiling that teams top talent, i think the damage he caused will last far beyond this year.

f*** you :(

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Josh McDaniels fired.

Thanks for Jay Cutler, Josh.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)
Bet they'll go after Jon Gruden.

But that 6-0 start from last season has got to be one of the biggest flukes of all time now.

It is hard to really understand how that team fell apart so badly after the 6-0 start. I hesitate to call that a fluke because they beat some really quality teams. . . 4 of the 6 wins were against 2009 playoff teams (CIN, DAL, SD, and NE). Only the goofy play against the Bengals in the season opener really stands out as lucky. The 2009 team had a really good defense too (hampered by injuries later on in the season). Whatever the case, McDaniels' team just stopped winning. Not only that, from the games that I have watched this year --> they find ways to lose games.

I think losing Dumervil for the season really hurt them this year. But I can't say that I am sorry that McDaniels lost his job. He seems like a grade A douche bag. I still don't understand why he drafted Tim Tebow (when Orton had thrown the ball well and proved he could run the offense).

Whatever, happy trails Josh.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
and wasting a first round pick on tebow after trading for orton and quinn(and extending orton)

that would have been the big one for me... I'm not a Tebow hater, but it was a complete waste to use a 1st round pick on him.

Surprised nobody has pointed it out, but Trent Dilfer really is a tool. Not that I am one who cares about "respect" from the national media or anything, but they've lately been warming up to the Bears and letting up on the over-the-top criticism of Cutler, but Dilfer never gives the Bears, and specifically Cutler, credit for anything, ever. His latest statement was to laugh when asked whether the Bears were a legit team and he said the defense is good, but they can't win with Cutler at quarterback. Ummm... first of all did Dilfer forget who he is? Secondly, when Cutler is playing like he is now (which has been often his career, contrary to popular belief, it's not a fluke) Cutler is 10x the QB Dilfer ever was.

Keyshawn Johnson actually put him back in his place though, he reminded him that he played on a lot of teams with great defenses. Dilfer said a QB has to make critical 3rd down throws and Johnson said "I think Cutler can make those throws." BTW Dilfer obviously hasn't been paying attention to the Bears offense since the bye because they've been $$ on 3rd down.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Surprised nobody has pointed it out, but Trent Dilfer really is a tool. Not that I am one who cares about "respect" from the national media or anything, but they've lately been warming up to the Bears and letting up on the over-the-top criticism of Cutler, but Dilfer never gives the Bears, and specifically Cutler, credit for anything, ever. His latest statement was to laugh when asked whether the Bears were a legit team and he said the defense is good, but they can't win with Cutler at quarterback. Ummm... first of all did Dilfer forget who he is? Secondly, when Cutler is playing like he is now (which has been often his career, contrary to popular belief, it's not a fluke) Cutler is 10x the QB Dilfer ever was.

Keyshawn Johnson actually put him back in his place though, he reminded him that he played on a lot of teams with great defenses. Dilfer said a QB has to make critical 3rd down throws and Johnson said "I think Cutler can make those throws." BTW Dilfer obviously hasn't been paying attention to the Bears offense since the bye because they've been $$ on 3rd down.

FWIW, Cutler hasn't had a winning team as a starter, before this year, since high school.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)

What a jerk. It seems like Jay has ticked off quite a lot of people and this prohibits them from being able to evaluate him and the Bears objectively.

While the Bears haven't exactly played the schedule that a lot of the elite teams have, they do have some very good wins over the Packers, Eagles, and Cowboys (when Romo was still playing). This is more than most teams can say.

I think barring an absolute blowout this weekend against New England, a lot of people will begin to jump on the Bears' bandwagon.