Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 03:31 AM)
im gonna go ahead and be pretty ballsy and declare that there is no chance the Bears beat Miami Thursday..

Weve lost to Baltimore, New England, New York Jets, and Pittsburgh.. and shoulda beat Pitt but the refs screwed us over.. that's pretty much 4 of the best 5 teams in the NFL right there with Atlanta being the other..

It doesn't matter if Thigpen is playing QB, he can do plenty enough to win the game with the way our defense has been playing and my expectancy that Nolans blitzing is going to have a field day on Cutler..

Blitzing, by itself, doesn't really do anything to Cutler. I think there is this assumption that all you have to do is throw an extra rusher at Cutler and he'll automatically fold like Grossman did (Grossman couldn't move and couldn't throw over the line). He's going to see the hole in coverage and he's going to burn it. Cutler's interceptions happen when he throws at guys who blatantly aren't open or when he gets baited like a DB and a fair amount of time it's one of his WRs f***ing the route up after the ball is released (usually Knox)

Looking at the replays of Favre's interceptions, he seems to have a bad case of Jay Cutler Syndrome. That is, his WRs are falling down, or the balls get tipped off their hands right at a DB and the fans all jump on him for it and say he sucks. He does right now actually, but that's not the point.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
Looking at the replays of Favre's interceptions, he seems to have a bad case of Jay Cutler Syndrome. That is, his WRs are falling down, or the balls get tipped off their hands right at a DB and the fans all jump on him for it and say he sucks. He does right now actually, but that's not the point.

His receivers did fall down yesterday but both those passes, especially the one to Shiancoe were thrown way behind his players anyways.

It's good to see McNabb's extension is really paying early dividends for the Redskins tonight... oh wait.

Watching this makes me so pissed the Bears managed to lose to Washington. They suck.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
It's good to see McNabb's extension is really paying early dividends for the Redskins tonight... oh wait.

Watching this makes me so pissed the Bears managed to lose to Washington. They suck.

He has had a bad year but it isn't his fault his receivers can't catch and his defense is a joke.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
What posts where he calls one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history terrible. Oh, excuse me, the worst

Gould is probably the most underrated player in the city of Chicago, but he's been mediocre this season. He's tied for his worst FG percentage since his rookie season. Maynard is the bigger culprit though, as his struggles have been well documented in the Chicago media.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)
im gonna go ahead and be pretty ballsy and declare that there is no chance the Bears beat Miami Thursday..

Weve lost to Baltimore, New England, New York Jets, and Pittsburgh.. and shoulda beat Pitt but the refs screwed us over.. that's pretty much 4 of the best 5 teams in the NFL right there with Atlanta being the other..

It doesn't matter if Thigpen is playing QB, he can do plenty enough to win the game with the way our defense has been playing and my expectancy that Nolans blitzing is going to have a field day on Cutler..

3 of Miami's 5 wins have come against Buffalo, Minnesota, and Cincinnati. Minnesota and Cincinnati may have talented offensive teams, but both have QBs whose reputations and past achievements far outweigh their current abilities, and beyond that, Minnesota's receiving corps is terrible outside of Harvin. They also got absolutely curb-stomped by New England and Baltimore too. I also don't know how good Tennessee is - they're obviously a decent team, but I think that's probably all the more you can say about Miami right now too - they're a decent team. And, quite frankly, that's probably about all you can say about Chicago too.

There's also a reason Tyler Thigpen is a 3rd QB. He could probably be a backup elsewhere, but he has a QB rating of 73.6 in his career, and that is as high as it is because of the 10-12 game stretch with Chan Gailey's pistol offense. I mean, I'm sure Brian Brohm can do plenty of things to win a football game for a team too, but there's a lot more he can do to lose a game too, and that's where Thigpen will be at for this game.

The Dolphins better hope that they can run the ball, and considering Chicago has allowed the second fewest rushing yards per game, I would say that they are probably not going to be able to run much either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
3 of Miami's 5 wins have come against Buffalo, Minnesota, and Cincinnati. Minnesota and Cincinnati may have talented offensive teams, but both have QBs whose reputations and past achievements far outweigh their current abilities, and beyond that, Minnesota's receiving corps is terrible outside of Harvin.

And Chicago has beaten Buffalo,Detroit,Minnesota, Dallas and Carolina. So that point means nothing.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Is Michael Vick the best QB in the NFL right now? I. . . . I think my answer to that question is yes.

He is playing as well as he ever has but these WRs are wide open. These guys get so much separation its not even fair.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)

It's never Favre's fault, you should work at ESPN, you've got the MO down.