Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
So now that the new NFL OT rules take place (each team gets a possession unless the first team scores a TD), if you had 4th and goal from inside the 3, do you go for the win and risk the other team moving the ball down field from the 3 or do you kick the FG and allow the other team to field the kick off?

I think I go for the win.

I'll take my chances with my offense needing to get 3 yards vs theirs needing to go 97. I'd go for it every time.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 04:22 AM)
Dolphins prepared to pay Harbaugh $8M??? Good lord, that's a lot of money for a guy who hasn't proven s*** at the NFL level. He has done a fantastic job with Stanford, but this seems crazy to me. I knew he'd get paid a lot, but didn't realize it would be that much.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/...arbaugh-8m.html

I bet that's a Harbaugh's side leak.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
A little late on the Vince Young discussion but Oakland and their reputation for taking castoffs from other teams seems like a somewhat logical fit. I hope they don't try to acquire him though.

Speaking of Oakland, why on Earth do you fire Tom Cable after the Raiders look competent for the first time in forever?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Speaking of Oakland, why on Earth do you fire Tom Cable after the Raiders look competent for the first time in forever?

Anything involving Al Davis is baffling. The guy needs to just die already.

The team played hard for him and made big strides so they can him. :huh

And they went 8-0 against their division. What more could you ask for with the talent they have?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
Well, yes, that is definitely true. The NFL, seemingly more than any other sport, has the tendency for things to "get stale" b/t players and coaches. But, I still think it would be a bad move to get rid of him. Let me add that I'm a huge Jeff Fisher fan and would love him coaching the Bears if it was ever possible.

A year ago, had I thought the Bears were going to have a shot at Fisher I'd be exstatic and rooting for him to get canned so they could hire him. However, the Bears aren't making any coaching moves and the Titans would be foolish to get rid of Fish.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
And they went 8-0 against their division. What more could you ask for with the talent they have?

I believe you mean 6-0, but yeah, Al Davis does need to eat a bullet. I'd be so pissed as a Raiders fan.

I guess, upon further review, their O-coordinator is taking the job and would have gone elsewhere, and was a huge reason for their offense improving by almost 2,000 yards. But still, f*** Al Davis.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Ever since watching Hard Knocks, I thought Mark Sanchez seemed like a pretty cool guy, but he just went up another notch in my book. He's an overrated QB, but this is a really good story...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5991920

Sanchez is a good guy and is a solid QB. He takes a lot of heat but he's getting better and is in just his 2nd year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
I believe you mean 6-0, but yeah, Al Davis does need to eat a bullet. I'd be so pissed as a Raiders fan.

I guess, upon further review, their O-coordinator is taking the job and would have gone elsewhere, and was a huge reason for their offense improving by almost 2,000 yards. But still, f*** Al Davis.

I don't know. Hugh Jackson wasn't going to get a head coaching gig anywhere else. Was he going to leave for another OC role? I didn't even think that would be possible since you need to get a promotion. This is a pretty foolish move to me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
A little late on the Vince Young discussion but Oakland and their reputation for taking castoffs from other teams seems like a somewhat logical fit. I hope they don't try to acquire him though.

Vince Young may be a little better than Jamarcus was, but they seem to have the exact same attitude. I would hope they would realize that and avoid him, but then again who knows with the Raiders.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
I don't know. Hugh Jackson wasn't going to get a head coaching gig anywhere else. Was he going to leave for another OC role? I didn't even think that would be possible since you need to get a promotion. This is a pretty foolish move to me.

Yeah I read quite a few articles bashing the move and I'm in complete agreement with them.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 08:19 AM)
Yeah I read quite a few articles bashing the move and I'm in complete agreement with them.

It sucks because I hate the Chargers more than any team in the league (outside of the Vikings and than Packers, whom I respect...Vikings, only hate). I also tend to hate the Raiders because the fans out here are complete tools, but you couldn't help but like this Raiders squad and watching there games with the crazy fans is just entertaining.

The NFL is better when the Raiders are winning and it seems like they were headed down that path and than they do this. I didn't even think Cable was all that great, but he's a s***ton better than Hugh.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
Haha Panthers fans have to deal with Clausen, Luck is returning to school

Link?

Anyway, if I were an underclassman, I'd do everything possible to stay in school this year, since I might go pro and wind up sitting around tossing rocks next year.

On ESPN. There will be links soon enough.

I would also say this gives the Bills their choice of QBs, if they want one. I can't see the Panthers taking any other QB because the point in taking Luck was that he was a damn near once in a generation QB. The Broncos aren't going to take a QB at this point either.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
On ESPN. There will be links soon enough.

I would also say this gives the Bills their choice of QBs, if they want one. I can't see the Panthers taking any other QB because the point in taking Luck was that he was a damn near once in a generation QB. The Broncos aren't going to take a QB at this point either.

How many of the other QB's will come out?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
How many of the other QB's will come out?

I think Mallett could, but I'm not sure he will. I personally think he's first rounder already but I have to imagine that there will be some teams that disagree and he may ultimately go back to school to prove himself a bit more.

I can't imagine Cam Newton staying. He's taken his team to the NC and won the Heisman...I can't see how he can improve his stock.

Terrelle Pryor seems to have proved all he can at this point, and he's scheduled to miss the first 5 games next season. I can't see how he would stay, but perhaps he will because he may only be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Blaine Gabbert already did come out, and he is probably a top 5-10 pick at this point.

Can't think of any other underclassmen who might come out, but I think that's enough. Perhaps Locker has something, but I think he is more of a 2nd day pick for a team willing to take a shot on him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)

You are correct. In the NFL, to leave for another team, you have to get a promotion. So yes, Jackson would have had to be hired as the HC somewhere, which I doubt would have happened... I agree that it was dumb to get rid of Cable after they improved a lot this year.