Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Playing the starters the whole game in a completely meaningless game = as stupid a football move as I've seen in a while. If that was anyone but the Packers, I bet they wouldn't have played more than a half.

So stupid.

In the press conference Lovie bascially said that they were not playing well enough to take what would have been 3 weeks off.

Martz apparently needed a reminder that the offense is not a juggernaut.

This team is unable to pick up short yardage situations.

I'm actually fine with things.

Would have preferred to win, but this is ok. It will humble that offense a bit and hopefully make them focus hard over the break.

As long as we didn't suffer any significant injuries, this shouldn't hurt us too badly, other than of course alllowing GB in the playoffs.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
got a feeling bears are going to wish they took the pack out. should be a fun few weeks

Well the Packers would have to win in Philly & Atlanta before a possible matchup with the Bears. I'm not saying they can't win those two road games, but its nice that the Eagles losses kept the Bears from having to play GB again next week.

Bears playoff game will be at noon on Sunday the 16th. I'm happy with that, gonna be in Nashville that weekend to watch the Hawks and my flight home is at 6 PM so I can watch the whole Bears game. (In October I didnt think the Bears would be a playoff team, let alone a first round bye. Wasn't really concerned about being out of town during the playoffs)

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
Go Seahawks! I'm torn. I want them to win and make the playoffs, but they will get murdered in the first round and will have the stigma of being the first losing team to make the playoffs. On top of all that, they would lose serious draft position and it is critical for Seattle to draft a franchise QB this year. I want Ryan Mallett, and I don't think he'll fall to 21 or later. Picking at 10 or 11 would be better for the Seahawks in the rebuilding process that they are going through.

F*** it. Let's make history. Go Seahawks!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
And one of these teams is supposed to make the playoffs?

I have no problem with them making the playoffs, but I don't think they should get a home game. 11-5 should not have to travel to 7-9.

The Saints are easily the better team, but with the cross-country trip they have to make, and the home field advantage that is Qwest Field, I don't think you can count the Sea Chickens out.

As an experiment - and of the fact that my NFL spread picks have thoroughly sucked over the last 4 weeks - I decided to pick against the majority on ESPN's Pigskin Pick Em. If more than 50% picked a team on Wednesday to win, I went the opposite way.

Result: 9-7.

Can't win for losing...

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
As an experiment - and of the fact that my NFL spread picks have thoroughly sucked over the last 4 weeks - I decided to pick against the majority on ESPN's Pigskin Pick Em. If more than 50% picked a team on Wednesday to win, I went the opposite way.

Result: 9-7.

Can't win for losing...

Week 17 isn't the best test sample for picking a game. Can't imagine that formula works too often.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
So who would you rather play? Philly or New Orleans?

Philly for sure. Vicks been incredible this season, but the Bears defense has actually had good success against athletic QBs this season. It's the pocket QBs that kill them for whatever reason. Plus, Sean Payton is just really good at his job.

New Orleans. I know the Bears do well against faster QBs like Vick, but I still want nothing to do with him in the playoffs. Plus, Samuel should be playing for the Eagles. He wasn't last time, so I don't know if Cutler can have just as big of a game. Brees has been struggling a bit, and that defense has not been causing the turnovers like last year.

Edited by LittleHurt05

New Orleans. Outside the dome, they aren't the same team. Granted, I said that and then looked at Brees' stats this year outdoors, in the cold, away and they all say he is really good outside. In fact, their offense as a whole (yards wise) is better away. Take it with a grain of salt, however, as they played San Fran, Arizona, Tampa, Carolina, Dallas, Cincy, Baltimore and Atlanta on the road. So that's two good teams, one solid team and five s***ty teams. I still think the Eagles speed all over on offense is a worse match up for the Bears. Pray for the Seahawks and Packers to win.