Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
To win the game and put the Packers down? Yes

With the way this game is going, I wouldn't want to be tied with them fighting for their playoff lives...I don't want them to resort to something dirty.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
With the way this game is going, I wouldn't want to be tied with them fighting for their playoff lives...I don't want them to resort to something dirty.

They don't want any of their guys suspended for next week either though.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Oh well. Good effort guys.

I have a feeling we might meet this team again in the NFC Championship game.

If Cutler plays like today the Bears are not getting by the Saints.

johnny knox should be the 5th option. He really seems scared of the weather. Nice beard though.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
If Cutler plays like today the Bears are not getting by the Saints.

johnny knox should be the 5th option. He really seems scared of the weather. Nice beard though.

Well, better this happen now than in two weeks.

Martz's playcalling was garbage today. I thought he already learned that lesson? What he can and can't do? The O-line didn't just suddenly start being better. All of that was an illusion and I thought it was obvious even to casual fans.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Martz's playcalling was garbage today. I thought he already learned that lesson? What he can and can't do? The O-line didn't just suddenly start being better. All of that was an illusion and I thought it was obvious even to casual fans.

Yeah, hard to argue with that. He finally figured it out on that last drive. And once we started beating their blitz, they backed out of it.

The only thing I can think of is he didn't want to show too much on film of how we would adjust to the blitz, until he absolutely had to to keep Jay alive.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
The good thing is that nobody came out of that game hurt. Cutler looked off today though.

Major Wright, Chris Harris and Nick Roach all got hurt. Still too early to see how bad.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)

Agreed.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
Major Wright, Chris Harris and Nick Roach all got hurt. Still too early to see how bad.

Agreed.

Really? Thought I saw Harris playing late in the game.

Pretty much all of the Packers blitzes were getting right through, the line was as bad as it's been in any game besides the Giants game. Dom Capers completely pwned this line. Horrible effort on everybody on offense except for Forte, Cutler was holding onto the ball too long but that's because Martz was using 7-step drops like we had New England's line or something. He didn't seem to know what to do about the blitzing, but again, the line wasn't picking them up. The receivers, besides Davis and sometimes Olsen, weren't doing anything all game to get open, especially once the Packers started keying in on him, so between that and the rush, Cutler's throws were off-target (not necessarily bad decisions, but not throwing flat-footed). And WTF was up with that time-out that cancelled out the Chester Taylor first down? That was a big momentum swing, almost as big as that underthrown INT in the end zone for Cutler.

This was one of Johnny Knox's worst games as a Bear. He may as well have thrown on a green and white jersey and lined up as a DB, although I FINALLY saw him reach up to knock down a pass after he blew a route. Usually he leaves Cutler out to dry.