Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Playing the starters the whole game in a completely meaningless game = as stupid a football move as I've seen in a while. If that was anyone but the Packers, I bet they wouldn't have played more than a half.

So stupid.

#1 Goal - Beat the Packers

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
I have many reasons to root for the Bears today:

1. I'm a Bears fan.

2. I hate the Packers.

3. I don't want to the Packers in the playoffs.

4. I hate the Packers.

5. My best friend is a Packers fan.

6. I'm playing my best friend Packers fan in the fantasy football championship game.

7. I hate the Packers.

8. My best friend Packers fan has the Packers D/ST going.

9. If the Packers lose, miss the playoffs, AND I beat him in fantasy football to win the title, it'd be a beautiful day.

you must have had a horrible day yesterday :lolhitting

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
got a feeling bears are going to wish they took the pack out. should be a fun few weeks

I would wager anything the Packers do not make it to the NFC Championship game, that would take winning 2 on the road and they have struggled all season on the road...the pack are a good team but not good enough for 2 road wins IMO.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
Philly for sure. Vicks been incredible this season, but the Bears defense has actually had good success against athletic QBs this season. It's the pocket QBs that kill them for whatever reason. Plus, Sean Payton is just really good at his job.

^^This^^

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
I would wager anything the Packers do not make it to the NFC Championship game, that would take winning 2 on the road and they have struggled all season on the road...the pack are a good team but not good enough for 2 road wins IMO.

I'm a Packers fan but I think yesterday was their "playoff win". I'd feel a lot better about their chances if they had any kind of reliable running game. They're a good team, but without Grant and Finley I can't see them winning a road playoff game. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, though.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
Philly for sure. Vicks been incredible this season, but the Bears defense has actually had good success against athletic QBs this season. It's the pocket QBs that kill them for whatever reason. Plus, Sean Payton is just really good at his job.

I think the Saints' defense is far and away better than Philly's at this point too.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
@ZachZaidman - If next year is a 16-game sked, #Bears would play at home vs. SD, OAK, CAR, ATL, SEA, MIN, GB, DET. Road: DEN, KC, TB, NO, PHI, MIN, GB, DET

Always fun looking at next years schedule. For Tampa Bay:

Home---Saints,Falcons,Panthers,Bears,Colts,Texans,Cowboys,Lions

Road----Saints,Falcons,Panthers,Packers,Vikings,Jaguars,Titans,49ers

Not gonna lie. I'm glad to see our defense stepped it up and offensively it was ugly, but we've seen this offense respond from ugly performances. I am less concerned about the oline than I would have been in the past becuase GB has a very very good pass rush and Martz decided to be a moron going with a 70/30 pass to rush play set which is just idiotic, especially since Forte was running the ball well. Knox looked like complete ass at times and I'm almost convinced there were times Jay was doing anything necessary to make sure he didn't get hurt. Rough game for Jay though, he wasn't very accurate, but by and large, I'm more confident after playing GB this tight in what was a meaningless game.

GB is a good team and the Bears are a good team. Anything can happen and lets go Bears!!!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
#1 Goal - Beat the Packers

See that's where Lovie misses the boat:

#1 (and only) goal: Win the Super Bowl.

Still can't believe he was that risky yesterday. He was just asking for a Cutler/Peppers/Urlacher injury in a game that meant absolutely NOTHING.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
@ZachZaidman - If next year is a 16-game sked, #Bears would play at home vs. SD, OAK, CAR, ATL, SEA, MIN, GB, DET. Road: DEN, KC, TB, NO, PHI, MIN, GB, DET

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
s***, I had read that the Raiders game was going to be in Oakland.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
I just read the same thing.

@BradBiggs #Bears 2011 road opponents: New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota

@BradBiggs #Bears 2011 home opponents: Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, San Diego, Seattle, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I just read the same thing.

Ya, I already have plans to drive up to Oakland to watch the game. I went up there a few years ago when they played too (when Grossman replaced an injured Orton and threw a late game winner).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
So who would you rather play? Philly or New Orleans?

Bears should beat both at home. Tho I'd rather play Philly cuz they're downswinging.

New Orleans seems to be putting everything together at the right time. Also Reggie Bush looks like he's finally healthy again.

Link

Brett Favre is getting sued for sending pervy text messages - and not by Jenn Sterger.

Two former massage therapists for the Jets filed suit against the grid great and Gang Green today, charging they were fired after they spurned the quarterback's crude digital advances.

In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole say Favre made his move on them in the summer of 2008, after the pair had been working at the Jets training camp on Long Island.

"Brett here," the text to O'Toole began. "[Y]ou and crissy want to get together im all alone[sic]."

He then sent a follow up text, saying, "Kinda lonely tonight I guess I have bad intentions."

Scavo told her husband about the texts, and he called the Packers legend up, and "requested that he stop soliciting his wife for 'bad intentions' or to get together with her. Mr. Scavo further requested that Favre apologize for his inappropriate behavior of sexually harassing Christina Scavo and other massage therapists," the suit says.

Favre "responded in an inappropriate manner and refused to apologize," the filing says.

"He essentially told him to go away and as a celebrity he couldn't be bothered with the little people," said the therapists' lawyer, David Jarosclawicz.

He said it was his clients who got sacked after the hubby's phone call. Scavo and OToole "were never again called to provide massage therapy for the Jets," the suit says.

Jaroslawicz said his clients decided to come forward after former Jets' sideline reporter Sterger's story about being harassed with crude emails from Favre went public. "Then they knew it was a pattern," Jaroslawicz said.

Both women cooperated with the NFL's investigation into Favre's conduct, and both were disgusted with the $50,000 penalty the league handed down against him.

"It's a joke. It's like letting a drunk driver plead guilty to a broken tail light," Jaroslawicz said.

The suit also names the Jets as defendants, as well as the Jets' employee who coordinated the massage program, Lisa Ripi. The suit quotes from texts Ripi sent Scavo earlier this year, where she told the therapist her "husband is a complete a--hole" and "you should have come to me."

"For sure feel horrible that u had to go thru that w a pervert . . . He was wrong on all counts . . . and we cldve helped u a lot more at the time," the suit quotes Ripi as texting.