3/4 GAME THREAD: Spring Training Game ONE

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Those bastards! I was listening to it online 20 minutes ago and it was not on.....

Once again... The Score can't STREAM MLB games. You have to pay for that. Even though it's being broadcast over the airwaves, Sporting News Radio is being streamed when you listen to The Score online. You have to pay MLB to stream baseball games...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Those bastards! I was listening to it online 20 minutes ago and it was not on.....

OK....WTF is going on....

So I can hear the game if I find an AM radio, but I can't listen to the game on The Score's website. Why would they have an "Online only" show that blacks out their AM broadcast?

Because anyone on the planet could listen to an MLB broadcast for free over the Score's website (there would be no point to buying their gameday products) but only the people within a certain distance from the city of Chicago can hear the game via AM radio.

And this will end up working on me. During the summer time I often find myself in places where I can't pick up a decent AM signal but can get 3g on my phone so I'll end up buying MLB At bat for my phone mostly to listen to Sox games.

BOT 2 1-0 SOX

Rivera flies out to center

Izturis grounds out to third

Kendrick doubles to center

Napoli walks

DOUBLE STEAL, runners on 2nd and 3rd

Wood grounds out to short (another good pick by Dayan)

MID 2 1-0 SOX

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Once again... The Score can't STREAM MLB games. You have to pay for that. Even though it's being broadcast over the airwaves, Sporting News Radio is being streamed when you listen to The Score online. You have to pay MLB to stream baseball games...

Well this blows. I don't feel like sitting in my car to listen to the game......

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Because anyone on the planet could listen to an MLB broadcast for free over the Score's website (there would be no point to buying their gameday products) but only the people within a certain distance from the city of Chicago can hear the game via AM radio.

And this will end up working on me. During the summer time I often find myself in places where I can't pick up a decent AM signal but can get 3g on my phone so I'll end up buying MLB At bat for my phone mostly to listen to Sox games.

yeah, I suppose that makes sense. But it sucks because I am within distance, I just don't want to sit in my car for a couple hours to hear a game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Well this blows. I don't feel like sitting in my car to listen to the game......

Pick up a 5 dollar hand held transistor radio from Amazon. You'll be amazed how often it comes in handy during the baseball season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)

You can:

A ) Find a cheap lil transistor radio. They have them at Walgreens for under $10

B ) Buy MLB At Bat for $14.99 if you have an iphone or another smart phone running Android

Or

C ) Wait to watch the replay tonight on MLB Network

I know. It sucks, right?

Edited by Chet Kincaid

TOP 3 1-0 SOX

Brian Stokes pitching

Beckham lines out to left (nice play by Rivera)

Pierzynski flies out to left

Jones walks

JONES STEALS SECOND (BEST SHAPE OF HIS CAREER!!!11!!)

Teahen grounds out to second

MID 3 1-0 SOX