White Sox Jerseys.

justBLAZE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxpride724 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
I hate to break your heart, but the Mitchell and Ness White Sox Bo Jackson jersey, is one of the biggest knockoffs on Ebay, there are tons of em on there. What size was the jersey? Also, was there a hologram on the tags?

56 and yes

And really, if it was a knockoff, I didn't pay much for it and it looks great so I could care less.

Edited by bschmaranz

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Ouch. This made me remember a tidbit I chose to forget to post early. I bought Swisher's custom "Dirty 30" shirt from his personal website in 08'. :stick

dirty30.jpg

Delinquent fans later ejected before the top of the 9th for flicking off and screaming obscenities at the Blue Jays' Alex Rios. OOPS ALL BERRIES!

That's what taught me to get Buehrle before Quentin for my first jersey: getting something that will be relevant even after the player is done with the White Sox. Buehrle in black has the no-no and Perfect game going for it. Although at this point I'd rather have the Quentin jersey shirt than the Swish' custom from that season; but you live and you learn.

You wore a Swisher shirt...

...heckled Rios...

...with Yankees fans...

...and were thrown out.

Swisher was traded to the Yankees because you taunted a player wearing his shirt with their fans, and Rios is here as vengeance.

QUOTE (Soxpride724 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:53 AM)
As long as you are cool with it.

Similar thing to be cool with a knockoff, I bought a Mike MacDougal jersey on ebay. It was clearly just a blank White Sox jersey and they bought the letter/number kit to sew on (which is also a viable route for a lot of you people looking for unique jerseys, you can buy the letter kits for like $20). I enjoy picking up unique jerseys in addition to my black Quentin, gray Danks, et al. And realistically, I got a MacDougal jersey for $9 bucks, come on. Who even takes the time to make that?

As the owner of 10 Sox jerseys, all authentic, I think up above Roc has the right idea--you can't go wrong with a Buehrle jersey because it'll still be relevant even after he's gone because he's a Sox icon.

I have one (the home vest) and it was a good investment. I also have an A.J. jersey for the same reason. I would suggest that too. I think Beckham's a safe bet as well. I too, got burned when I bought a Loaiza 2004 All-Star jersey... and he was traded 2 weeks later. I still wear it--it looks great--but lesson learned. I almost bought a Brandon McCarthy one in 2005--phew, bullet dodged!

Paulie's another sure fire one, but everybody has those. I say you can't go wrong with Buehrle or A.J. Even Jenks maybe.

I have

a road authentic buehrle w/ the 03 sox all star game patch.

an authentic alternate black crede w/ the 05 WS patch.

and a authentic vest (psuedo) rowand w/ the 05 patch. This one was from the triple threat sports sale in 05, when "authentic" jerseys were like 100 bucks. They're definitely not the real thing, but good enough.

Also, for a gift for my brother, I found him a game worn Ray Durham jersey from '99 on ebay for 150 bucks. That was a steal.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
I'm not trying to segue this into an NFL discussion, but, did you know that he's never lead the NFL in tackles and has only been in the top 10 three times?

2009 Injured

2008 49th with 15 MLB's with more tackles.

2007 10th with 5 MLB's with more tackles.

2006 6th with 3 MLB's with more tackles.

2005 13th with 7 MLB's with more tackles.

2004 Injured

2003 22nd with 6 MLB's with more tackles.

2002 2nd with 1 MLB with more tackles.

2001 11th with 8 MLB's with more tackles.

He's a very good LB but is getting "white guy" fan attention. How has Briggs done in comparison?

Tackles

Urlacher

2009 3

2008 79

2007 92

2006 92

2005 97

2004 52

2003 87

2002 115

2001 89

Briggs

2009 93

2008 90

2007 83

2006 109

2005 83

2004 102

2003 65

Looks to me to be pretty even. Why are there no "Briggs to the Hall" articles?

Without looking it up, who was the Mike in Tampa during their years as a top Defense??? I don't know off the top of my head....I know Derrick Brooks. He was the WLB. That's Briggs position. Briggs SHOULD lead this defense in tackles every year. It isn't geared for the Mike to make the tackles. The fact that Url led the team in tackles any year in this cover 2 is remarkable. He's that good. If you watch how much ground he covers on a given play it's ridiculous. This scheme is the worst thing that could have happened to Urlacher as far as his "numbers".

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
As the owner of 10 Sox jerseys, all authentic, I think up above Roc has the right idea--you can't go wrong with a Buehrle jersey because it'll still be relevant even after he's gone because he's a Sox icon.

I have one (the home vest) and it was a good investment. I also have an A.J. jersey for the same reason. I would suggest that too. I think Beckham's a safe bet as well. I too, got burned when I bought a Loaiza 2004 All-Star jersey... and he was traded 2 weeks later. I still wear it--it looks great--but lesson learned. I almost bought a Brandon McCarthy one in 2005--phew, bullet dodged!

Paulie's another sure fire one, but everybody has those. I say you can't go wrong with Buehrle or A.J. Even Jenks maybe.

Of current players, I'd say Paulie, Buehrle, Beckham, Jenks, and AJ are all safe bets.

I wonder if they'll sell #43 Garcia shirts at the stores...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:11 AM)
You wore a Swisher shirt...

...heckled Rios...

...with Yankees fans...

...and were thrown out.

Swisher was traded to the Yankees because you taunted a player wearing his shirt with their fans, and Rios is here as vengeance.

We won't talk about the fact I was within earshot of home plate in Cleveland in 2008 trying to start an "MVP" chant as Quentin fouled off a pitch from Cliff Lee and fractured his wrist in the 9th inning... like the New Yankee Stadium incident; we just won't talk about it.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
The only jersey i've been burned on is a Nick Swisher jersey.... ;) I don't think will happen with my beckham one though.

Same here. First time I bought an authentic jersey in my entire life. I never wanted to spend that much and get burned. I bought Swish cause I thought he was my kind of hard nosed player and was signed for a while. I thought he'd be safe. Next thing ya know I'm shellin out another 75 or whatever bucks to change the name to Quentin and the 3 to a 2.

My white jersey has Frank's name/number, my grey one's got my last name and yr I became a Sox fan. I don't have a black jersey but if I bought one, I'd get Buehrle on it.

Bought my stuff from Triple Threat so they're reasonable and have lots of patches u can add to the sleeves if you want. Have the World Series patches on both.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
We won't talk about the fact I was within earshot of home plate in Cleveland in 2008 trying to start an "MVP" chant as Quentin fouled off a pitch from Cliff Lee and fractured his wrist in the 9th inning... like the New Yankee Stadium incident; we just won't talk about it.

Quentin didn't break his wrist on a foul ball, he broke it by hitting it up against the bat after making an out, so the reports went.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
Without looking it up, who was the Mike in Tampa during their years as a top Defense??? I don't know off the top of my head....I know Derrick Brooks. He was the WLB. That's Briggs position. Briggs SHOULD lead this defense in tackles every year. It isn't geared for the Mike to make the tackles. The fact that Url led the team in tackles any year in this cover 2 is remarkable. He's that good. If you watch how much ground he covers on a given play it's ridiculous. This scheme is the worst thing that could have happened to Urlacher as far as his "numbers".

This was my thought, too. If you watch Urlacher on many plays he sprints backward into coverage. The fact that he's in on as many plays as he makes is pretty remarkable. He's not a classic middle linebacker like Ray Lewis.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)

This was my thought, too. If you watch Urlacher on many plays he sprints backward into coverage. The fact that he's in on as many plays as he makes is pretty remarkable. He's not a classic middle linebacker like Ray Lewis.

I have an Ordonez jersey that my sister gave me right before he went to Detroit. I've never worn it. It will make a good throwback for my kids to wear in a few years.

I've only bought one official jersey, ever - Joe Crede, in the black jersey, w/ the WS patch. Still wear it, with no shame at all.

Every year, I get a custom shirt shop t-shirt of some player I like that year. Much cheaper. Often, its one of the obscure ones that I like that no one else has a shirt for, like Ross Gload or Ehren Wassermann. But this year, I think I may go with Teahen. We'll see.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
Quentin didn't break his wrist on a foul ball, he broke it by hitting it up against the bat after making an out, so the reports went.

I know he broke it punching the bat or whatever, I thought that it happened after he had fouled one off and before making the eventual out. I was implying perhaps hearing the "MVP" chants had something to do with the ferocity with which he hit his bat; I recall he wasn't fond of all the talk at the time.

I have 3 authentic white sox jerseys, the white one, road grey, and alt black, all with my last name and my number 48 on it.

I saved up for them for a whole year, and then got them all at the same time when I noticed authentic jerseys were 25% off on mlb.com the day after Thanksgiving. I saved about $150 and it was the best investment I ever made. :)

All 3 of them are still in great condition and still hanging in my closet. I think I only wore each for about a total of 4 times, lol. I'm currently thinking of getting another authentic black jersey, probably from triple threat sports, with just my number on it without my name, and I'll wear it around more everyday.

To the original poster, I definitely recommend an authentic jersey if you want to get one made of the same material that the players wear on the field. I also HIGHLY recommend waiting until mlb.com have the 25% off deal on the day after thanksgiving. Even if you only get one jersey, you'll save $50 on an authentic. ;)

I've got an '05 gray Pierzynski with WS05 patch. I liked all the White Sox jerseys but specifically the road gray, and it was what they were wearing when they clinched the Series. I like AJ's personality and playing style, he was an important part of that team and the Angel fans love that jersey. I would probably feel the need to have more than one if I were a season ticketholder or at least lived in Chicago. I ordered from Grandstandsox.com, because they do—or at least used to do—the lettering for the team.

I'm a stickler for authentics and the letters/numbers done to spec, and you can get the real deal for surprisingly cheap on MLB.com—when compared to what authentic NFL or NHL jerseys run. $200 for Cool Base fully personalized.

Bottom line? Get a player who you like and means something to you. Sports is a business and it's unlikely your favorite player will retire with the team he's with now.

Edited by Drew

I bought a black Shingo Takatsu authentic jersey in the off-season after 2004. Got like $40 for it on eBay.

I've stuck to jersey-shirts since then. $20-$30, still fashionable, much more cost-efficient and replaceable.

The only jersey I have is an authentic Paul Konerko one I got on eBay for $18. A touch small, but I love it.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
Grown men wearing shirts with other grown men's names on them is strange/creepy/sorry.

When you get your driver's license you should have to turn in your jerseys.

Then there's a s***-ton of strange/creepy men at baseball games.