Obama wears White Sox hat throwing out first pitch for the Nationals

Sox72

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
I still think it is awesome the President is a die-hard Sox fan. How cool is that.

die hard lol

didn't he call the old stadium ComiNskey?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Nobody boo'd Obama at USCF. The poster didn't clarify that when he put the Sox hat on at Nationals Park he meant the Nationals Park crowd boo'd, not the crowd at the sox game watching it on the jumbo tron.

What are you talking about? He got boo'd at the cell, thats been posted several times

Did he get booed at the Cell or not?

Why would anybody boo our most famous fan? It is so cool he'd whip out the Sox cap on the mound in Washington.

The Cubs would kill to have this guy as THEIR fan. I remember reading quotes last year from some Cub exec that it's great he loves the Sox but they wouldn't mind him at least recognizing them occasionally as well.

OBAMA RULES!

Okay, here we go. :D

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 04:46 AM)
Wondering why its cowardly to disagree with him? I'm guessing if people boo'd Bush it would be incredible, right?

/political BS

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 05:06 AM)
I'm an Obama supporter, but why exactly would someone booing him be a coward?

You're reading too much into this. It's the same as me calling 'em p*****s. Does this really need to be explained? God, I hope not.

Let me clarify that I could not possibly care less about politics. I would much rather watch paint dry as opposed to checking out threads in the Filibuster.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 04:58 AM)
Nobody boo'd Obama at USCF. The poster didn't clarify that when he put the Sox hat on at Nationals Park he meant the Nationals Park crowd boo'd, not the crowd at the sox game watching it on the jumbo tron.

Both Jenksy Cat and Dick Allen said that they were booing him at USCF. This thread is beginning to take on a Twilight Zone type feel.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 05:02 AM)
Add in calling someone a retard, and you are downright a national hero!

Is it politically incorrect for me to call this man a retard:

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 05:21 AM)
die hard lol

Seems perfectly acceptable to me.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
die hard lol

Why would anybody question this? And, quite honestly, why would anyone care if he is a die hard or if he just likes them a little bit? The fact is that the President of the United States publicly, and repeatedly, says he's a Sox fan and wears Sox gear any chance he gets...even in opposing parks. Just be happy with it because it may never happen again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
How can it a tradition when the team is only like three years old?

It was a tradition because every President from Taft to Nixon threw out a first pitch in Washington at some point (while there was a team there). Obviously, they Senators left in the 70s and now the tradition has picked back up with the Nationals.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
It was a tradition because every President from Taft to Nixon threw out a first pitch in Washington at some point (while there was a team there). Obviously, they Senators left in the 70s and now the tradition has picked back up with the Nationals.

All of them wore Washington Senators jackets?

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
You're reading too much into this. It's the same as me calling 'em p*****s. Does this really need to be explained? God, I hope not.

Let me clarify that I could not possibly care less about politics. I would much rather watch paint dry as opposed to checking out threads in the Filibuster.

I likewise could not give a s*** about politics, but your comment still makes absolutely 0 sense. What exaclty makes them cowardly or p*****s? By that definition, would sitting on your hands quietly make them national heroes?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
All of them wore Washington Senators jackets?

I misread it. Maybe lostfan was trying to say that it's tradition to wear something (cap, jacket, etc.) of the team in whose park they're throwing out the first pitch.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 05:56 AM)
I likewise could not give a s*** about politics, but your comment still makes absolutely 0 sense. What exaclty makes them cowardly or p*****s? By that definition, would sitting on your hands quietly make them national heroes?

I could have used a million different terms to describe the people that booed Obama, and I'm sure that you'd have taken every one of 'em literally.

You have only ever called someone a p**** when they literally lacked courage? It's not that black and white in real life, dude.

The stuff that you choose to take issue with is hilarious, though.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
I could have used a million different terms to describe the people that booed Obama, and I'm sure that you'd have taken every one of 'em literally.

You have only ever called someone a p**** when they literally lacked courage? It's not that black and white in real life, dude.

Its not an issue, I'm just trying to point out something stupid. Yes, i've called someone a p****, but usually for some type of logical reason where the word would actually make sense. Do you just call people p**** randomly? "Yo what up p****?"

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 06:21 AM)
Its not an issue, I'm just trying to point out something stupid. Yes, i've called someone a p****, but usually for some type of logical reason where the word would actually make sense. Do you just call people p**** randomly? "Yo what up p****?"

You're still not understanding that it's just another derogatory term to describe wack bastards. If I call you gay, does that mean you're literally gay? Does that mean I'm homophobic? And you are indeed a terrible poster - I am sorry that we crossed paths. Please go annoy someone else. :D

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Okay, here we go. :D

Both Jenksy Cat and Dick Allen said that they were booing him at USCF. This thread is beginning to take on a Twilight Zone type feel.

Is it politically incorrect for me to call this man a retard:

Seems perfectly acceptable to me.

I've missed ya bro. Good to see one of my personal favorite posters on the board. Usually though you can be a cock tease and post a little, then disappear for a month. :lol:

QUOTE (Ranger @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 12:58 AM)
I misread it. Maybe lostfan was trying to say that it's tradition to wear something (cap, jacket, etc.) of the team in whose park they're throwing out the first pitch.

The tradition of the president wearing a Nationals jersey when he throws out the first pitch.

Oh and some of you are seriously toeing the line here - this is PHT, not the Filibuster. I like to think of Soxtalk posters as better than the morons who comment on this article on the bigger sports sites.

I think the point trying to be made by the poster upset with the booing is not that people should or should not disagree with the president's politics but rather that at a baseball event our president should not be booed for something that has nothing to do with baseball. Woo he wore a White Sox hat, call Rush Limbaugh if you wanna boo his politics.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
He means booed heavily at Nationals Park, not inside USCF when they showed it on the screen.

No. I mean booed heavily at USCF. They don't have audio on the highlights at USCF. I thought it was pretty sad because it was a pretty violent boo.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)

What's with the avatar tossing up gang signs, anyway? Dumbass in the front rockin the forks.

Anyway, if people want to boo Obama, they can...that flag with the stars and stripes we fly says so. While I do think Obama is a legit transplant Sox fan (he admitted such, as he was an Oakland fan in Hawaii), I also think people can boo him if they want, for any reason they want, including disagreeing with his politics.

While I'm amongst those that disagree with *a lot* of his left leaning politics, I also wouldn't boo the man. I believe he's still to be respected as any president should be, whether you agree with him or not. The majority elected him, so he gets his due respect until his term ends.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
No. I mean booed heavily at USCF. They don't have audio on the highlights at USCF. I thought it was pretty sad because it was a pretty violent boo.

I just checked the promotional calendar and it said "Tea Party Day - 4/05/10".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)
You guys do realize that the reason why the President is wearing a jacket at all is to cover up the Kevlar vest, right? Especially for this guy, who's somewhat skinny.

Eh, I really doubt he was. The only thing a kevlar vest is going to stop is a smaller handgun. A rifle will go through kevlar like butter, so will a lot of larger caliber guns that the type of person (asshat nutbar) willing to assassinate someone in public would probably use.

Edited by Y2HH