GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
your thinking is very black and white in this situation

The only players on this team who should ever be bunting are Pierre, Alexei, Kotsay and AJ. Teahen's questionable.

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
It didn't work, so it's the wrong move.

I still think it's on the players more than Oz but since it didn't work, Oz gets an F for the move.

Even if it worked, it would have been a bad move.

You never give up an out when you have a guy who has a 75-80% chance of stealing a base. That's like making a guy who's hitting .850 bunt.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
It might have been a silly call, but what manager would not have bunted there?

I guess maybe somebody would have sent Juan on the first pitch, then bunted if he was successful on the first pitch steal.

It's real simple, if you're going to play that way, then bat Beckham 2nd. You don't think Indians fans were relieved to see him bunt there? It was easily their best chance of escaping that inning.

The exact numbers...a runner on 1st and 0 outs, teams score on average .783 runs, a runner on 2nd and 1 out teams score .699 runs on average, a runner on 2nd and 0 outs teams score 1.068 runs. Basically, I think you have better odds with a 75% base stealer running than you do with the bunt.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
The only players on this team who should ever be bunting are Pierre, Alexei, Kotsay and AJ. Teahen's questionable.

Teahen put down a nice bunt in the spring.

I wouldn't mind Ramirez bunting, except for Pierre hitting behind him.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Who is left in the pen?

Linebrink and Pena?

Putz should still be usable in the 11th. If those guys were any good at all, they could push you to at least the 14th. Of course...the stretch is those 2 not sucking.

So Hawk blasts Cleve for having a punch and judy guy bunt, yet doesn't say anything when Ozzie has Beckham bunt twice. He also blasts the Angels for not playing day games on getaway days, then mentions Cleve. plays tomorrow afternoon, and the White Sox have only 1 getaway day game home game this season.