GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Calm down and tell me why a bunt is so bad there.

We need one f***ing run.

Get serious people. It's a decent call.

Well I am of the belief that you don't take the bat out of the hands of your best doubles hitter. But hey, giving up outs is awesome. Look how better the NL is at baseball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
I'm surprised you guys don't realize it's up to our players. Man on second, one out ain't bad odds.

A good team gets the single and wins it.

Exactly, say what you want, but this team will have at least 2 shots at the win.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
I'm surprised you guys don't realize it's up to our players. Man on second, one out ain't bad odds.

A good team gets the single and wins it.

You know what player I think has a really good shot of getting that single? Beckham.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
Even if you stole the base and than bunted...they'd still have walked Quentin and there is a shot they'd have walked Paulie too to face Andruw Jones.

Exactly, and it's a lot easier to win with a sac fly than having to get a hit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Who cares? You've got the runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs. I'd take that situation over any setup with the guy on 2nd. Hell, I'd take Kotsay batting in that spot. A weak ground ball wins the game.

Ya, but everone is just assuming it is easy to steal a base. Pierre is awesome and I think you might give him a shot to steal the base, but I understand the call too. It isn't just easy to steal a base, no matter how fast or good you are at it. And you can't just steal them on command either.