I feel bad for the pitching staff

SockMe

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
2010 White Sox starters....

1-1 record, 31 IP, 26 H, 8 ER, 1 HR, 12 BB, 25 K, 2.32 ERA, 1.22 WHIP

Wow its actually harder to be 1-4 with those stats than it is to be 4-1, 3-2, or at worst 2-3. Our offense blows.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
I wouldn't feel so bad except I fear that when the offense starts hitting, the pitching will be struggling.

Eh, there's really no reason this staff should go through a slump as a whole, it's just to good of a rotation 1-5(barring injury of course).

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
They have been excellent through 5 games and the offense has gave them NOTHING. Keep it up guys, hopefully the hitters will get it turned around asap!

If they woud throw shutouts then we would be perfect

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Correction, Linebrink and RAAANNDDY! Haven't been great. Everyone else has been pretty impressive. Especially, Thornton and Pena.

and i'd throw santos in there as well. for impressive. you're right tho it's mostly liney and williams. jenks has been jenks... lil bad and a lil good.

fine I'll rephrase, the management of the bullpen has been awful.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
and i'd throw santos in there as well. for impressive. you're right tho it's mostly liney and williams. jenks has been jenks... lil bad and a lil good.

fine I'll rephrase, the management of the bullpen has been awful.

I dont agree with that. The Bullpen has been asked to hold leads for 3 consecutive days for 4 or more innings. For the most part they have, but they have no margin of error because the offense is not scoring at all. Ozzie has been trying to rotate his bullpen to give certain guys rest, but he hasnt been able to because of the extra inning games, making it look like mismanagement, but he has had to overuse his bullpen.

The offense is the culprit here.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
I dont agree with that. The Bullpen has been asked to hold leads for 3 consecutive days for 4 or more innings. For the most part they have, but they have no margin of error because the offense is not scoring at all. Ozzie has been trying to rotate his bullpen to give certain guys rest, but he hasnt been able to because of the extra inning games, making it look like mismanagement, but he has had to overuse his bullpen.

The offense is the culprit here.

Which means even if you have an era of 3 in each of those games, you blew them all.

The pitching has been so good I simply cannot believe we're not 3-2 at worst, 4-1 would be more like it.

Can you believe if we lose tomorrow, we're 4.5 games out. I know it means little to nothing, but it's pretty wild nonetheless.

Went to todays game, Freddy and Linebrink, the weak parts of the rotation and bullpen respectively, looked solid.

All after the game I was mad about how Ozzie is wasting the best pitching staff in possibly the league. Even an average offense would propel this team.