Grillin'!

Balta1701

Charcoal isn't that bad. You light the stuff a bit before and get great flavor. At my parents we had gas and it works good too, is very convienient and tends to not have the flareups, etc. However, Charcoal gives great flavor and as you learn to use it, it really works awesome.

I got a Weber a couple months back and so far it has worked great. I'm still learning on it though.

I had a gas grill for a couple of years and I didn't like it that much.

Now I have a charcoal grill and I'm much happier.

If you're doing something low and slow, you can always light more charcoal with one of those chimney starters and add charcoal as necessary.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Doesn't necessarily have to be a weber, but any charcoal grill is a must. Call me a purist, a nut, biased, or whatever you want. If you want to convenience of cooking on gas, cook in the damn house.

The charcoal, learning the proper amount, how to place it/where to place it, waiting for it to get ready is all a part of the pure experience. And after you learn how much (and this takes time), you'll be able to cook on consistent heat just fine, don't let the gas heads fool you on this. Also, you can get charcoal that's ready in under 6 minutes if you are in a hurry.

KoHPropane_300.jpg