4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Interesting back-story on the game-saving relay against the Twins.

Looks like the reason the Twins 3B coach sent Hardy is because: a. he noticed a blown defensive alignment by the Sox, and b. the reputation of Pierre's weak arm.

Teahen was actually supposed to return to cover third. So, looks like Alexi blew his assignment. Probably was confused because of the Thome shift. But Teahen noticed it and ran out to get the throw. Amazingly Pierre made a very good throw for such a deep play. Teahen threw a frozen rope to AJ, and Hardy was a sitting duck.

So... a bizarre chain of events that ended up very good for us.

I'll take it.

What happened to the running into fair territory by their 3B coach?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Anybody else getting a pillar box image (gray bars on side) for Comcast Sportsnet? I'm watching on Directv 665, but it's also on MLBEI channel 727-1.

i am i hate that crap on the side....the bluejays broadcast does not have it though

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
I know the horse is dead and the corpse (and my hands) is bloody as hell, but...

Alexei sucks bad right now and should get an extended rest on the pine.

Alexei saved the game last night when he denied Wells a 2-run single...

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
The Sox were in the Thome shift. Teahen was technically the cut off as he was the only fielder on the left side of the infield.

That's not how it works, the shift throws everyone off at first but your assignments remain the same on relays, the 3B needs to cover the bag at third and the SS needs to go out for the cutoff, it just takes a little longer to execute. Alexei has had nothing but trouble comprehending his relay assignments, it was a problem when he was at second and it continues to be an issue at short.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
We seem to be throwing Wells a ton of hittable fastballs.

Unfortunately for us, Wells is hitting anything, fastball, breaking ball, doesn't matter. He's locked in, just have to hit your spots.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
Hitters acting like they've never seen a change-up

For what it's worth, Romero's changeup is anything but typical.

I've seen hitters say they thought it was a screwball or a splitter. It is a very unique pitch he throws.

Edited by DirtySox