Finals Week, Spring 2010

SoxFan1

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Where do you go? I am on trimesters and just finished my stats class at GSU

lol, it would've been awesome if we were in the same class together. :D

I actually go to DeVry at the Tinley Park campus.

I was originally planning on going to Governor's State, but I decided to go to DeVry because I can get a BA in Business Administration with a concentration on Human Resources without having to take Calculus. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually not worried about Finals this year compared to last semester. I have to write a 8 pg research paper for English 10 pager for a Poli Sci Class, 4 pg for another poli sci class.. and if I can squeak by with a C on my Bio final, I'll be done with my gen eds

I'm a Biology major at NIU. Almost done, I just have one summer class to take after this semester.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Columbia College, Music Business w/ a concentration in either Management or Marketing & Promotion.

I thought you were an art major? :lolhitting

Grand Valley State, Broadcasting major.

Broadcast Operations final on Thursday. Got an A in my Sports Marketing and Journalism classes already. Hoping for an A in this broadcast class as well as a required writing class I took. Only other class was a Comm Research course. I'm expecting a C since I got 90's or higher on every exam but never went to class. Attendance was 10% of the grade or so.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
Yeah, definitely a lot of props on that one. I work part time and find it really hard to do both so I can't imagine full time.

Yea, I agree. I've been working part-time since I was 16 and going to school part-time as well because I couldn't really afford full-time school and I didn't want to be in a position where I barely have time to do homework.

That's why I'm almost 25 and I still have 42 credits left before I get my degree. :(

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
lol, it would've been awesome if we were in the same class together. :D

I actually go to DeVry at the Tinley Park campus.

I was originally planning on going to Governor's State, but I decided to go to DeVry because I can get a BA in Business Administration with a concentration on Human Resources without having to take Calculus. :D

Damn, I was actually taking an accelerated stats class this semester and had to withdrawal it, it was too much with taking so much math and work!

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:32 AM)
Yea, I agree. I've been working part-time since I was 16 and going to school part-time as well because I couldn't really afford full-time school and I didn't want to be in a position where I barely have time to do homework.

That's why I'm almost 25 and I still have 42 credits left before I get my degree. :(

I still got about a year left, I took a lot of night classes and try to get 1 or 2 online classes each semester when I was in Community College (or trimester now) - I also use www.ratemyprofessors.com a lot to make sure I am not taking a teacher that just buries you with busy work for no reason, which works for me most of the time

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
I still got about a year left, I took a lot of night classes and try to get 1 or 2 online classes each semester when I was in Community College (or trimester now) - I also use www.ratemyprofessors.com a lot to make sure I am not taking a teacher that just buries you with busy work for no reason, which works for me most of the time

Yea, I used ratemyprofessors.com to pick almost all my teachers when I was at Moraine Valley. :D It's also the biggest reason I was finally able to pass College Algebra 141 after taking it for the 3rd time.

Unfortunately, so far at DeVry the options for teachers/classes seem very limited. So far I only had, like, 1 teacher to pick from for the classes I wanted to take in the day/time I wanted to pick. In fact, some are so limited that there's only one class offered and being taught by only one teacher each semester. :(

If my math is correct, if I have 42 credit hours left, I should have about 11 classes or so left if most of them are 4 credit-hour classes. So hopefully I strike it lucky with decent teachers. :-/

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Yea, I used ratemyprofessors.com to pick almost all my teachers when I was at Moraine Valley. :D It's also the biggest reason I was finally able to pass College Algebra 141 after taking it for the 3rd time.

Unfortunately, so far at DeVry the options for teachers/classes seem very limited. So far I only had, like, 1 teacher to pick from for the classes I wanted to take in the day/time I wanted to pick. In fact, some are so limited that there's only one class offered and being taught by only one teacher each semester. :(

If my math is correct, if I have 42 credit hours left, I should have about 11 classes or so left if most of them are 4 credit-hour classes. So hopefully I strike it lucky with decent teachers. :-/

Good OLE' MVCC, I am so sick of that place

Southern Illinois University - Political Science with a (useless) specialization in International Affairs.

I take it because I like it. I know the chances of me finding an actual job that will employ the things I've learned are next to nil, but a Bachelors degree is a Bachelors degree.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

I am going to raise the roof, flick off the crowd and do a little dance when I graduate. No seriously though, the thought that I have 1 1/2 years left of undergraduate work is liberating. Then if I decide to go to NIU for grad school, then I'll be happy that there is a fresh new start with more opportunities. Speaking of which, for those of you who are graduating, what lies next for you? Where would you go to grad school and what would you go to graduate school for? Are you going to use your degree? Move home? Are you going to move somewhere and take a job while living with random people?

As I mentioned, I would likely go to Northern for grad school for a MS in Counseling Education or I'd pursue the dream and go for a MA in Sport Management. The nice thing about Northern is that I could commute from home and it is rather inexpensive to attend there as opposed to what I'm paying now.

Edited by The Beast