4-21 Gamethread White Sox Vs. Rays

joejoedairy

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still nowhere close to giving up on the season. But what we've seen to this point is extremely discouraging. I'm not so sure it's a case of just playing bad baseball. I look up and down the AL, and I struggle to find 3-4 teams that I can say without question have less talent than the Sox.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
I'm still nowhere close to giving up on the season. But what we've seen to this point is extremely discouraging. I'm not so sure it's a case of just playing bad baseball. I look up and down the AL, and I struggle to find 3-4 teams that I can say without question have less talent than the Sox.

Not sure its a question of talent so much as I can think of at least one guy on every team that is having a hot streak at the plate. Usually more. Right now the Sox have no one who is hot, and 4 or more guys who are essentially automatic outs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)

Well there is no way we are going to hit in the .220's for the entire season, its just not gonna happen.. And I don't think the starting pitching is going to be a problem, there's still time that's the beauty of the baseball season..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Well there is no way we are going to hit in the .220's for the entire season, its just not gonna happen.. And I don't think the starting pitching is going to be a problem, there's still time that's the beauty of the baseball season..

Where there's a will, there's a way.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Have we seen the end of Randy Williams 10 BB in 6.1 IP...I can't believe he stuck around after the 4-pitch bases loaded walk...at least stop that pain.

I still can't believe that piece of trash is on a team that wants to contend. Other than Kalapse, I don't think anyone hated him here since the off-season as much as I did. One of my few beefs I had with KW going into the season by not addressing that other LHP to pitch with Thornton.

Well there is no way we are going to hit in the .220's for the entire season, its just not gonna happen..

It makes me wonder if there is something to do with the city. The other Chicago team pretty much displays the same hitting or lack of habits. I guess that really good hitting coach from Texas hasn't made an impact.

The better teams seem to have a good #3 and 4 hitter. This is what the Sox are definitely lacking, like really, really good guys that are All Stars. There's no bat in the lineup that can carry a team or make the other hitters better. Quentin was that guy 2 years ago. They need a Pujols type player.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
It makes me wonder if there is something to do with the city. The other Chicago team pretty much displays the same hitting or lack of habits. I guess that really good hitting coach from Texas hasn't made an impact.

The better teams seem to have a good #3 and 4 hitter. This is what the Sox are definitely lacking, like really, really good guys that are All Stars. There's no bat in the lineup that can carry a team or make the other hitters better. Quentin was that guy 2 years ago. They need a Pujols type player.

Something to do with the city? I think I speak for everyone when I say WTF?

I agree. But I don't want to see us 10 games out when they decide to start hitting. That's what I'm worried about.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
I really liked Mark Kotsay batting 3rd after losing the first two games of a series.

I'm not defending Kotsay .120 avg., or the decision to bat him 3rd, but it's funny to think about what we'd be saying if he was riding the pine out of the gate after hitting .382 in ST. People would be screaming for ozzie to play him with this offense tanking like it is. For some reason Kotsay seems like the focal point of all this frustration with the offense. This when our #3 hitter is like 0-20 right now and playing terrible defense in the field.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:13 AM)
I'm not defending Kotsay .120 avg., or the decision to bat him 3rd, but it's funny to think about what we'd be saying if he was riding the pine out of the gate after hitting .382 in ST. People would be screaming for ozzie to play him with this offense tanking like it is. For some reason Kotsay seems like the focal point of all this frustration with the offense. This when our #3 hitter is like 0-20 right now and playing terrible defense in the field.

There is no scenario on earth that would have me "screaming" for Mark Kotsay to be anything more than a backup 1B/PH. I've said this before and I'll say it once more: HE WAS TRADED FOR BRIAN ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
I agree. But I don't want to see us 10 games out when they decide to start hitting. That's what I'm worried about.

Even if its at the end of this month, 10 games at the start of May is no impossible feat..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:25 AM)
Considering how bad we've been in the second half during the Ozzie ERA, I definitely don't want to go that route.

Well I don't want to go that route either.. but if they start hitting and by the all star break aren't double digits out of it ide feel better about them folding in the 2nd half then folding in may..