4-21 Gamethread White Sox Vs. Rays

joejoedairy

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Tampa has a pretty damn good pen with Soriano anchoring them. They're the best team in the AL, IMO.

And Soriano's fastball has really been down this year.

Only 91-92. He used to throw REALLY hard when he first came up with the M's, not unlike Sweaty Freddy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
Unless you want to see Jordan Danks, there is nothing they can do now.

Agreed, there's nothing they can do. I truly feel they blew this season in the offseason, and they're in such a large hole already, it's very troublesome. The Twins just seem like the type of team that's not going to go on many extended losing streaks. With Liriano throwing well, their rotation is better than that of the White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Agreed, there's nothing they can do. I truly feel they blew this season in the offseason, and they're in such a large hole already, it's very troublesome. The Twins just seem like the type of team that's not going to go on many extended losing streaks. With Liriano throwing well, their rotation is better than that of the White Sox.

It woulda been nice to have some money to spend on players this offseason.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:43 AM)
I thought that was the twins...

Rays are the best team, but Twins will win more due to being in a terrible division. Boston fans have to be very nervous about their chances to make the postseason with 2 superior teams in their own division.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
It woulda been nice to have some money to spend on players this offseason.

Why, it's not like we'd spend it to outbid others for free agents? Haven't done it in over a decade, they're not likely to start now. Let PK, Jenks and AJP go, and free up some money for trades.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Why, it's not like we'd spend it to outbid others for free agents? Haven't done it in over a decade, they're not likely to start now. Let PK, Jenks and AJP go, and free up some money for trades.

I'm scared we're going to have to go into full on rebuild mode. We have too many older, not so good players. Contracts have us f***ed for the next couple years too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)

And try to sell off Linebrink, even if they have to subsidize $2-4 million...I know, not KW's and JR's style.

They did it once that I can think of, with Ray Durham going to the A's for Adkins.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:49 AM)
I'm scared we're going to have to go into full on rebuild mode. We have too many older, not so good players. Contracts have us f***ed for the next couple years too.

I'd be fine with that. I'm all for trading Buehrle this season at the deadline, in all honesty. Time to get completely rid of the leftovers from 2005 (AJP, Konerko, Jenks, Buehrle) and move on.

Why does consistent excellence seem to elude any organization owned and operated by Jerry Reinsdorf. It is very clear that he is a businessman first and sportsman a distant 10th. Frankly, he's not very good at either one. What a shame this great city is stuck with him and the McCaskey family. They are international embarrassments.

OK, Tampa has nine runs and counting tonight. Remember the game we scored 9 or 11 runs or something and somebody posted how the next night we wouldn't score squad and we didn't?

You wait, this will have no effect on Tampa tomorrow. They will score runs.

Ten losses already. What a joke. Are we turning into Baltimore?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:56 AM)
KW seems to be a somewhat impatient person. How long will he hold out before doing something....anything?

He said 60 games yesterday. With that said, I don't know how he could watch this team and think they have any prayer.